Society Islands - Gaugin or Windstar

Have you looked at Oceania? Cruised from Papette through the islands, it was magical, loved it so much thinking of doing it again. It really is a magical location and the islands are all so different, from atolls to mountains, loved this location.

Have you looked at Oceania? Cruised from Papette through the islands, it was magical, loved it so much thinking of doing it again. It really is a magical location and the islands are all so different, from atolls to mountains, loved this location.

I haven't as yet but will certainly do so. Thank you.

We sailed on the Marina but I think they are sending their smaller ship down in 2017 the Sirena, but check them out, have cruised 4 times with Oceania my favourite cruise line for sure. Windstar looks great as well, completely different. The PG was in a few ports we were at as well, looks good and certainly has great reviews.

We sailed on the Marina but I think they are sending their smaller ship down in 2017 the Sirena, but check them out, have cruised 4 times with Oceania my favourite cruise line for sure. Windstar looks great as well, completely different. The PG was in a few ports we were at as well, looks good and certainly has great reviews.

Thanks for your comments vrogers. I was thinking that only PG and Windstar had small enough vessels to cruise the islands "properly" but do you know if the Oceania's Marina/Sirena are of a similar size ?

Serena is around 680 pax the same as the PG I believe or close to it, the Marina is larger at 1250 pax. Windstar would be smaller again.

Oceania is a great cruise line, do some research, it really is all about personal choices.

We loved the fact we got to many smaller islands on our 14 day cruise around the islands. We loved the snorkelling at each island, they were all different to a degree. Let me know if there is anything further I can help with...cheers Vicki

I have done PG twice...once with my late mother and once by myself. Both were good experiences and the people I met were very nice. It is a small personalised experience in one of the most beautiful parts of the world. I believe Windstar is excellent as well.

I have done PG twice...once with my late mother and once by myself. Both were good experiences and the people I met were very nice. It is a small personalised experience in one of the most beautiful parts of the world. I believe Windstar is excellent as well.

Appreciate your comments Polodriver, thanks for that.

• 9 months later...