Surprise Cruise- keeping the secret for 13 months

FLArmyWife

How are you keeping the packing under wraps? You have to pack for hubby also, right?

Hubs had national guard drill all weekend so he wasn't home. I did a majority of my packing while he was gone. For him, I put stuff like new shirts, a new tie to match one of the dresses I'm going to wear, new flip flops, etc in a brand new suitcase for him but the majority of his packing is on him! lol

Our plan is Friday night the reveal, Saturday afternoon we drive to Orlando and then Sunday morning we'll drive to FLL. So he'll have Friday night and Saturday morning to get it figured out. :') He's military he should be able to pack on the fly right? ;p

LOL, yep a military man should be able to pack in less than an hour. My hubby is a former Marine.

I feel so excited for you, and can't wait until you tell him all this.

Many years ago, I worked for a bank. They held a contest for 3 months, to see who could open the most new accounts, and close on the most loans. I worked my butt off, and was one of the winners, of a 4 day trip to Bermuda.

I kept my running a secret for that 3 months. Dreaming of how I could surprise my hubby with the trip. Well, the trip fell through. So instead of a happy surprise, I cried telling my husband all that had happened.

The next day he came home with brochures, and said "honey if you want to go to Bermuda, we'll go." I'll never forget what he did. We went and had a fantastic time.

I know you and your sweet husband will also have a fantastic time. Make lots of memories.

LOL, yep a military man should be able to pack in less than an hour. My hubby is a former Marine.

I feel so excited for you, and can't wait until you tell him all this.

Many years ago, I worked for a bank. They held a contest for 3 months, to see who could open the most new accounts, and close on the most loans. I worked my butt off, and was one of the winners, of a 4 day trip to Bermuda.

I kept my running a secret for that 3 months. Dreaming of how I could surprise my hubby with the trip. Well, the trip fell through. So instead of a happy surprise, I cried telling my husband all that had happened.

The next day he came home with brochures, and said "honey if you want to go to Bermuda, we'll go." I'll never forget what he did. We went and had a fantastic time.

I know you and your sweet husband will also have a fantastic time. Make lots of memories.

Oh my I'm so sorry that the trip fell through but how sweet of your husband to take you.

I still am just baffled that it's pretty much here!

only 48 hours until my big reveal!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Me too!!! 13 months in the making and I spill the beans Friday morning at our anniversary breakfast! How are you telling? I made a YouTube video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too!!! 13 months in the making and I spill the beans Friday morning at our anniversary breakfast! How are you telling? I made a YouTube video

How cool!

Friday evening after dinner we (us and our families) will come back to our house for dessert. When he walks in there will be a large box wrapped up on the table. Inside is a brand new suitcase. Inside that is a few shirts, a tie to match a dress I'm wearing for formal night, some travel toiletries, and two envelops. Inside 1 envelope is our boarding passes and itinerary. Inside the other is the information about the excursion my in-laws got us.

How we would all love to be bugs on the walls!! Hope you have access to instant cell phones to video it all to record EVERYONES reactions!

Congratulations on a secret well kept, and a memory making idea. Happy trip, and hope the move is a great one too. Best wishes to you both.

Congratulations to both of you! I would love to hear the details about both reveals!

I'm looking forward to hearing the details too. How exciting! I would love to surprise my husband with a cruise but I wouldn't be able to pull it off. He would see the it in our bank records. How did you hide it?

Sorry for the delayed post.

Dinner was a bit of a fiasco last night which led to the reveal being almost an hour later than I had hoped. They my wifi decided to be a butt and took almost an hour to upload the video... by that time I was exhausted from the day.

But here it is..

WTG you did it! Considering how totally exhausted your hubby must have been...he really showed a lot of enthusiasm.

Have a wonderful cruise....we have had a change in our circumstances so I understand about the number crunching on the cruise. We have no excursions planned, no spa treatments, no drink packages but we are going to have a fantastic time because we are sailing away and a day at sea beats a day at work/home any day!!!

Bon Voyage!

Thanks all

it's been a hell of a day. Hubs can't find his passport or birth certificate. We spent 3+ hours tearing the house apart (which looked clean and beautiful, now it looks like a bomb went off). but my MIL found a copy of his birth certificate at her house. I called carnival TWICE to double check a copy would be ok.