Carnival Paradise 4 Day - Skyway Bridge Question

sushi_tampa

Going on Carnival Paradise 4 Day (Thurs-Mon) to Cozumel next month.

Does anyone remember what time the ship passes under the skyway bridge COMING BACK TO Tampa? We have early dining and will probably miss going under it on the first night leaving Tampa, so figured I'd like to try to catch it on the way back to Tampa.

Thx

From the time the ship casts off at the port in Tampa it's about 2 hours to the bridge - 2 1/2 at the most unless there's fog or terrible weather. The ship follows the shipping lanes so it doesn't go in a straight line.

The bridge views are awesome and I got some great pics the time we sailed from there.

Thanks for the replies, I guess we may just skip the MDR the first night so we can be up top when we pass under. I may try to get up early to see it on the way back but pictures seem to be a lot better as you're leaving than when coming back.

Photos will likely also be much better in the daylight as you're leaving rather than the pre-dawn darkness... :D

The couple times I've sailed from Tampa it seems the ship's come in to port far earlier than the scheduled time. As such it might be a bit tough to figure out just when you'll pass under on the return trip.

You can watch it sail via the deck cams. The next time it leaves Tampa watch it sail away, note the time, and the keep watching the deck came until it gets to the skyway. You can get deck came via Carnival's website or on the ship mate app or

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the replies, I guess we may just skip the MDR the first night so we can be up top when we pass under. I may try to get up early to see it on the way back but pictures seem to be a lot better as you're leaving than when coming back.

I looked at the menu, told my family what I wanted as an appetizer and an entree and went to watch us go under the bridge before heading to dinner. Meal was waiting for me.

What time does the Paradise typically leave Tampa and at what time does she typically sail under the SSB whilst heading out to sea?

Typically leaves port at 4pm and at the skyway between 6-6:30pm