Verizon Reward Carnival Cruise Prepaid Gift Card

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experience with these cards. Are you able to make payments to a S&S card with these? Or make payments to an existing cruise? I have tried to read the fine print online but I am just afraid that it will say one thing but really be another. Thank you in advance.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experience with these cards. Are you able to make payments to a S&S card with these? Or make payments to an existing cruise? I have tried to read the fine print online but I am just afraid that it will say one thing but really be another. Thank you in advance.

Yes to both

Yes, I ordered and received two $500 cards today. Applied them toward my cruise balance.

You can also use them to apply to your S&S account. I've read that there is a kiosk to apply them at that is quite simple.

Well worth the savings. Ordered 3 more!

Last three times I've ordered the cards through Verizon it's been 5-7 days delivery. Just remember, $500 or more requires a signature. So far, I've gotten the $100 and stay below the $500 and they come regular mail.

You can pretty much use them for anything you've booked through Carnival except for the bon voyage shop. On our upcoming Mediterranean cruise we booked our flights and hotel pre cruise through Carnival, so we used our cards for those too. We've used the cards for the cruise, prepaid gratuities, excursions, flights, hotel pre cruise, insurance, and transfers. Since this is the vacation of a lifetime for us, we have spent $12,000. The 10% savings is $1200. Every time they have been available the past year and a half we have ordered $800 worth. We ordered $400 in my name and $400 in hubby's name so that we didn't have to be home to sign for them. We also have another $1000 put away to put on our S&S card when we get onboard. Of course we've also purchased these with our CC that gives us 3% cash back so we really have saved 13% on this cruise (we never carry a balance on our cc and pay them off monthly). Anyway, this is my long winded way of saying that you can pay most everything with the cards.

FWIW, we have used them on past cruises as well, so we know that it works for all of these things.

How complicated is it to use these gift cards to pay your final balance?

It's not complicated at all. You just log in to your account and apply to it or call your PPV. If you are using a TA, just contact him/her and he/she will apply it to your account.

How complicated is it to use these gift cards to pay your final balance?

It's not complicated at all. Just log into your account, there will be a place to put the total you want to pay, and then begin to enter your gift card information. You can add up to 5 gift cards in each transaction. Just look for the place to put in the amount you want to pay - then make sure that amount can be covered with 5 or less gift cards. If you need more than 5 gift cards, you need to do it in two transactions. Hope I didn't make it seem complicated!

You can also use them to cover your deposit even if you originally charged it to a credit card. I received a $500 card today and called and they refunded the deposit to my credit card and applied the gift card for the deposit. They cruise was already paid in full. She did make a comment that sounds like you can do this up until final payment date.

You can also use them to cover your deposit even if you originally charged it to a credit card. I received a $500 card today and called and they refunded the deposit to my credit card and applied the gift card for the deposit. They cruise was already paid in full. She did make a comment that sounds like you can do this up until final payment date.

Thanks for that tip! I purchased gift cards to pay off our cruise and some extra for spending on the ship. I forgot that I already had $100 OBC on the account when I chose the amount 'extra' to purchase. Then, when I went to pay off my cruise with the gift cards, I realized I actually bought $500 too much for that! I ended up with $950 between gift cards and OBC which we never spend that much. I wasn't too worried because I'm sure that we'll go on another cruise soon, but I took your tip and had my $500 deposit returned to my credit card and applied the gift card to my account. Now I'll have $250 to spend in port!

By the way, the customer service person I spoke to said, "I just did this for someone today"! I'm thinking that was you!

Edited by naz022292

I forgot to ask based on your experience how long did it take to arrive?

My $500 cards were shipped on Thursday and I received Monday. Just ordered some $100 ones, so not sure how fast those will arrive.

Edited by NOLALADY

I have seen then arrive as soon as 3 days after order or as long as 7 days after. You can order up to 5 of 1 type of card per transaction. (5 x 100 or 5 x 500) Any orders with a 500.00 card in it will require signature when they arrive via UPS. You can use them for most items in advance of your cruise but 2 exceptions are for bottomless bubbles and CHEERS. For both of those you must pay for them when you get aboard. You cannot pay for them in advance with gift cards.

It's not complicated at all. Just log into your account, there will be a place to put the total you want to pay, and then begin to enter your gift card information. You can add up to 5 gift cards in each transaction. Just look for the place to put in the amount you want to pay - then make sure that amount can be covered with 5 or less gift cards. If you need more than 5 gift cards, you need to do it in two transactions. Hope I didn't make it seem complicated!

Thanks for all the helpful info.We purchased $1800 worth of the gift cards and are waiting for them to arrive. We can pay off our balance and but some on the S&S account. We've had Verizon Cell service since the early 1990's and never knew we had these points! After reading this board we finally found out how many points we had, 160,000! To bad we can't just cash those in and get a free Gift Card. I love Cruise Critic!:D

i have been buying them lately and using them for my deposit and i just paid for an excursion with one. my question is this. say you have a $500 gift card. can you use it on something under the $500 in have a running balance on the card?

I also am new to these gift cards and purchased $1500 worth of them. All delivered within a week for 3 seperate purchases (had to wait a day, it said $500 maximum per day for me). Was easy to pay off my cruise balance but was surprised it only let me apply the exact balance to the gift card. Is there any way to apply these to our on board account prior to the cruise so we can start off with OBC. Just would prefer to not have to worry about misplacing the remaining cards in the next six months.

I have seen then arrive as soon as 3 days after order or as long as 7 days after. You can order up to 5 of 1 type of card per transaction. (5 x 100 or 5 x 500) Any orders with a 500.00 card in it will require signature when they arrive via UPS. You can use them for most items in advance of your cruise but 2 exceptions are for bottomless bubbles and CHEERS. For both of those you must pay for them when you get aboard. You cannot pay for them in advance with gift cards.

I was under the impression you could buy the CHEERS! and Bottomless Bubbles program at a discounted rate up until the day before your cruise. Darn I must have misunderstood. =(

So am I to understand that the $245 deposit I have already paid can be refunded and paid by GC? That's super cool! I assume that means any payments already made cannot be refunded the same way? That's too bad any chance at a cheaper trip is always worth it. :D

i have been buying them lately and using them for my deposit and i just paid for an excursion with one. my question is this. say you have a $500 gift card. can you use it on something under the $500 in have a running balance on the card?

Yes, we have a balance on one of ours for about $300 (from a $500 card). We'll be using that for our S&S cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've ordered both the $500 card and $100 card in the past. It took about 3 weeks to receive the $500 card and delivery required a signature. The $100 card came in 10 days in snail mail. You can use the gift cards to pay on your cruise or apply to your Sail and Sign account once onboard. I believe I read on this board though that you cannot use them in the online Fun Shop prior to your cruise.

Is there any way to apply these to our on board account prior to the cruise so we can start off with OBC. Just would prefer to not have to worry about misplacing the remaining cards in the next six months.

You will need to apply them via Guest Services or a kiosk once you board. Put them in a safe place! :)

So am I to understand that the $245 deposit I have already paid can be refunded and paid by GC? That's super cool! I assume that means any payments already made cannot be refunded the same way? That's too bad any chance at a cheaper trip is always worth it. :D

Yes you can use the gift card for the deposit and have it refunded to your credit card. I would think that you could do the same with any charges you had paid. I had paid all of my additional charges plus gratuities with the gift cards so I didn't ask about having other charges refunded.

Yes, we have a balance on one of ours for about $300 (from a $500 card). We'll be using that for our S&S cards.

Thanks I was hoping that was the case.

Yes you can use the gift card for the deposit and have it refunded to your credit card. I would think that you could do the same with any charges you had paid. I had paid all of my additional charges plus gratuities with the gift cards so I didn't ask about having other charges refunded.

Up until final payment, they can refund any money that you already paid, and pay it again with the gift card. I was told that you can't do this on anything you paid after final payment. We booked early saver, so that could make a difference.