Carnival Frozen Refill Prices Are Strange

We are heading out on the Inspiration next week and I have been looking at the prices of the frozen drink refills for the Blue Iguana (I assume it is the same at the other bars on the ship too). I was thinking about getting the 32 oz Bikini Yard thinking that would be the best value. However, after figuring out the price per ounce, it appears that is not the case. A 16 oz refill = $7.25 (0.453/oz). A 19 oz refill = $10.95 (0.576/oz). A 28 oz refill = $16.95 (.605/oz). A 32 oz refill = $19.95 (0.623/oz). It just seems really weird that the price per ounce goes up with the size of the drink.

We are heading out on the Inspiration next week and I have been looking at the prices of the frozen drink refills for the Blue Iguana (I assume it is the same at the other bars on the ship too). I was thinking about getting the 32 oz Bikini Yard thinking that would be the best value. However, after figuring out the price per ounce, it appears that is not the case. A 16 oz refill = $7.25 (0.453/oz). A 19 oz refill = $10.95 (0.576/oz). A 28 oz refill = $16.95 (.605/oz). A 32 oz refill = $19.95 (0.623/oz). It just seems really weird that the price per ounce goes up with the size of the drink.

This is why one should never believe that bigger is cheaper. Good eye!

I find the same thing while shopping.

You don't even need to look at it from a per OZ perspective... 16 oz x 2 = 32 oz right? If 16 oz = 7.25 and 7.25 x 2 = 14.50... then is cost 5.45 LESS for 2 16 oz drinks than 1 32 oz drink. No brainer there.