Summit Drink Package Question

Rhayne

If you choose the Classic Drink Package as a perk there is no additional service charge added. (Unlike NCL who charges a service charge on the value of the package). If you choose to upgrade to the Premium package you will be charged the 18% service charge on the additional cost.

I've had drink package before as a perk. Planning a repositioning cruise so not a perk will have to purchase. When I pay 55 a day will I get charged a service fee or is it included.

I've had drink package before as a perk. Planning a repositioning cruise so not a perk will have to purchase. When I pay 55 a day will I get charged a service fee or is it included.

You will be charged the 18% grat on the $55.

• 2 weeks later...

We got the classic package as a perk for our March 5 cruise. We will need to upgrade. lol. I like to have everything taken care of before we board.

My question is how can I upgrade to premium before the cruise. We use a TA. Will she have to do it or can I just call and take care of it.

My next question is. Is there any chance of a sale on the packages again. I was able to catch a sale twice now. Our second leg in March is a "repo" cruise so no perks. I'm kind of hoping I can catch another sale. LOL. It was about this time of year in 2015 when I caught one for our British Isles cruise.

Carol

We got the classic package as a perk for our March 5 cruise. We will need to upgrade. lol. I like to have everything taken care of before we board.

My question is how can I upgrade to premium before the cruise. We use a TA. Will she have to do it or can I just call and take care of it.

My next question is. Is there any chance of a sale on the packages again. I was able to catch a sale twice now. Our second leg in March is a "repo" cruise so no perks. I'm kind of hoping I can catch another sale. LOL. It was about this time of year in 2015 when I caught one for our British Isles cruise.

Carol

If you upgrade before you board, you will not be able to use your OBC towards it if you have any, you will have to pay for the upgrade out of pocket.

It's simple to do once you board. There will be a table set up in a few areas that you can just go to and do it, or you can also have any bartender do it for you right at any bar.

If you do it prior, I believe your TA has to do it for you. Someone else can answer that for sure, as I have only used a Celebrity Planner to book cruises and anything I need done is a simple phone call from me to them.

If you have a My Celebrity account on their website you might be able to do it there by yourself, but once again, you will have to pay for it right then and there, no OBC can be used upgrading before boarding.

As far as a sale, no one can answer that, no idea what Celebrity might offer in the future. You can only hope I guess.

You sound like you have been sailing with Carnival, why, they have and enforce a drink number limit.

There is no such thing on Celebrity!

Last Nov we had 7 pages of ZERO drink line items on our final statement.

PS: we each had 3-4 coffee's, 4-5 Perrier's, many bottled waters, fresh OJ, 3-4 glasses of wine before and during dinner, many a craft beer in the GastroBar, and night caps at the World or Martini Bar. Oh, we are not lushes either!

How did you get your statement of everything you ordered? I would be so curious and scared at the same time!!!

Like you, mine includes a few coffees and a ton of water each day! Truthfully, I think those are the best two parts of it even though I consistently upgrade to premium so I can have my martinis :P

How did you get your statement of everything you ordered? I would be so curious and scared at the same time!!!

Like you, mine includes a few coffees and a ton of water each day! Truthfully, I think those are the best two parts of it even though I consistently upgrade to premium so I can have my martinis :P

On the Reflection there was a stand alone kios that you could print out your statement from. On the Equinox last yr I had to ask at guest svc for a copy.

Carol

What type of sale Carol? I have yet to see one of the drink packages have the daily price lowered.

What type of sale Carol? I have yet to see one of the drink packages have the daily price lowered.

Last August it saved us about $200 on our premium beverage package on a 14 day cruise. I think it was a percent off. I also snagged a sale for my first Bermuda cruise a few years before.

Someone on our roll call had seen a post about it. It was only for a short period of time.

I just keep adding it to my cart to see if it goes down again. Our cruise is a repo so no perks. We have until March for our South America B2B. We don't have a lot of on board credit, so I like all our perks taken care of before we go.

Carol

Carol

I upgraded prior to my first cruise by calling myself since my TA didn't want to do it & said I could do it once I boarded. Since I wanted everything done prio & called & had no issues I

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I upgraded prior to my first cruise by calling myself since my TA didn't want to do it & said I could do it once I boarded. Since I wanted everything done prio & called & had no issues I

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. I will give that a try. I don't want a bill at the end. It adds up quick.

Carol.