Discovery Review

thanks again Grez , can I just pick your brains on how u did that?

Stevie :confused:

remembered now that after 64yrs still don't know what I'm doing :rolleyes:

Hi Stevie, its pretty simple when you've done it once. You need to have a photo hosting site (so for example I used Photobucket). You need to register an account but its free and only takes a second. Then you load the picture onto the site, click the URL link on the picture you've uploaded and then on this site click the insert picture icon on the reply function and paste the URL. Job done.

I've probably made that sound really complicated, but it literally took me 2 minutes to copy Jule's pictures from FB to Photobucket and upload them here.

There is a test forum on cruise critic where you can play around and try it.

How is the buffet restuarant on Discovery. All the Royal Caribbean ships weve been on and the buffet is called the Windjammer they have been like a cattle market. We have even on occasions wandered around and couldnt find a table so had to go elsewhere.

How is the buffet restuarant on Discovery. All the Royal Caribbean ships weve been on and the buffet is called the Windjammer they have been like a cattle market. We have even on occasions wandered around and couldnt find a table so had to go elsewhere.

The buffet restaurants are never my favourite place to go however the food is well presented and at a busy time on the first morning (sea day) at breakfast, we struggled to get a table. We probably only used it 3 times in the week - twice for breakfast and once for lunch as we preferred the MDR; in fact 47 has a part buffet breakfast for continental and part waiter service for drinks & cooked which we loved.

We used the Glass House a couple of times for lunch which was really nice & not busy; freshly made salads of your choice, sandwiches & a carvery meat & chips. We also used the Snack Shack to grab a sandwich, salad & fruit a couple of times for late lunch which was great and all very freshly made & well presented.

Edited by Julessmiles

Hi I'm so glad I have found this site! Just booked 7 nights on Discovery departing in 2 weeks. We didn't go for the all inclusive drinks package and I'm wondering if that was a mistake? The prices on the drinks menu I thought looked reasonable I'm assuming those are the prices for people not on AI? Planning to do lots of excursions so can't see how we would spend £50 a day on drinks?

If seasoned travellers think we would be better off AI can you upgrade onboard?

Thanks

Hi I'm so glad I have found this site! Just booked 7 nights on Discovery departing in 2 weeks. We didn't go for the all inclusive drinks package and I'm wondering if that was a mistake? The prices on the drinks menu I thought looked reasonable I'm assuming those are the prices for people not on AI? Planning to do lots of excursions so can't see how we would spend £50 a day on drinks?

If seasoned travellers think we would be better off AI can you upgrade onboard?

Thanks

It all depends on how much you drink. For us its always worthwhile :)