Kudos: Cabin Cleanliness on Oasis

I was finishing up writing a trip report on my most recent sailing on Oasis and I thought that this point deserved it's own thread as I didn't want it getting lost among the other life-altering details that I included :p

It has always been a habit for me to clean our cabin upon arrival. I always bring a travel sized bottle of disinfecting spray for the carpet/couch and a travel sized package of disinfecting wipes for the room -- because, lets face it, kids bring enough germs of their own and I prefer to pick my battles when I can.

Well to my surprise, when I was done cleaning this time around, I noticed that the white colored towelettes, were still a white color; unlike that grayish/dusty color that I tend to see during my weekly house cleaning. I even cleaned the metal rail on top of the carpeted baseboard trim on the floor -- bupkis!

I was certain that during the rushed turnover, only the "main" areas would get a heavy clean and other areas would be simply spot checked...I was wrong and a huge thank you to the Royal Caribbean cabin stewards -- or at least Iputu, as he preferred to be called!

Or, perhaps, the previous occupant was a clean-freak, too...and that's why it was sparkling! I do the same thing...although I don't ever remember messing with the baseboards!!

Edited by cb at sea

Or, perhaps, the previous occupant was a clean-freak, too...and that's why it was sparkling! I do the same thing...although I don't ever remember messing with the baseboards!!

Baseboards were new to me...having a cruiser that wasn't walking yet (13mos) made me get creative in what she might decide to start teething on.

I would be interested in reading your Oasis review...have you posted it yet?

Not posted yet. I have it fully written in both day-by-day and a trip-report format.

Trying to decide which makes most sense -- Look for it over the next few days.