Dawn Disappointment

phoenix1181

So,,,, if they stripped all of the public areas down to sheet metal and rebuilt the interiors, what exactly were you expecting to "impress" you? They took out all of the old, and replaced with the contemporary bars and restaurants in the big ships,,, but you're not going to turn one of the smallest ships in the fleet into a mega ship with a dry dock.

If you reread the OP's post you'll see the OP was disappointed in the items that were broken on a previous cruise were still not fixed. Nowhere did the OP state they expected a mega ship experience.

I'm not sure how being right out of drydock has anything to do with the fact that the same maintenance problems still exist?

Staffing, yes, unfinished areas, yes (although it appears only the Mexican restaurant wasn't finished) same toilets broken that were broken 11 months ago? That's NOT a drydock issue!

I don't understand how right out of drydock translates into service problems?

If you reread the OP's post you'll see the OP was disappointed in the items that were broken on a previous cruise were still not fixed. Nowhere did the OP state they expected a mega ship experience.

Thank you for responding to that post. I couldn't find a way to answer without being nasty.

I don't understand how right out of drydock translates into service problems?

It's not uncommon for a ship right out of drydock to have many new crew members & possibly be operating at less than full staff. Even experienced crew need a little time to get up to full speed when they're on a new ship. Therefore, service may not be as good as it will be when staff has had time to adjust.