All these shoes [emoji85]!???

4olivers

good question, we leave in a week and I'm having trouble deciding what to bring. I am a sandal person through and through... I'll bring runners for excursions but will I survive in dress sandals in the evening? Some people have said it was very cold on the ship.

good question, we leave in a week and I'm having trouble deciding what to bring. I am a sandal person through and through... I'll bring runners for excursions but will I survive in dress sandals in the evening? Some people have said it was very cold on the ship.

The inside of the ship is typically "room temperature". Sometimes public rooms seem chilly at first, but warm up as they fill with people. If you are typically comfortable wearing sandals out to dinner or the mall, you should be fine.

Outdoors, it can be much cooler, and wet.

If your feet are cold w sandals, you can always wear dark or matching socks w your sandals. What I did at night was to wear socks with my birkenstocks at all the dinners. I figured that if women could wear fancy sandals with their dress cloths, so could I. Never got any flack from anyone except for my wife. They definitely looked better than wearing walking shoes at dinner.

DON

If your feet are cold w sandals, you can always wear dark or matching socks w your sandals. What I did at night was to wear socks with my birkenstocks at all the dinners. I figured that if women could wear fancy sandals with their dress cloths, so could I. Never got any flack from anyone except for my wife. They definitely looked better than wearing walking shoes at dinner.

DON

Most people would be too polite to say anything, but socks with sandals are considered a major fashion faux pas by many people. :eek: If my husband tried it, I'd veto it for sure!

Edited by sherryf

I brought 4 pairs of shoes:

Flip flops - wore the first day

Walking/tennis type shoes - wore most of the time

Hiking Boots - wore on all my excursions which all consisted of hiking

Dress shoes - wore one night to dinner