NCL Getaway Dailies & Other Info - 6/26 - 7/3

dunnma

Thanks for the info. If you get a chance can you take pictures of the menus for the specialty restaurants and post those? I'll be on the getaway in Nov and thinking of doing a dining package but want to figure out what is included and not included. We also have kids with us that would order off the the complimentary &/or kids menu but need to know what is on those menus as well, so a picture of the menu would give me all that info :) Hope you are having a great time on your cruise
The Kids menu has been posted. After 2 meals using it I can tell you if you have picky kids like mine it isn't very good. But at both Teppanyaki and Moderno they let the kids eat some of that food to with no questions asked.

Did you happen to go into the stores listed in the port shopping info, and if so did you find them worth exploring? Not interested in Diamonds Int'l, curious about the others. Thanks! Also, have you been near O'Sheehans to see if they had Prime rib there the first night or Ribs and shrimp on another

Did you happen to go into the stores listed in the port shopping info, and if so did you find them worth exploring? Not interested in Diamonds Int'l, curious about the others. Thanks! Also, have you been near O'Sheehans to see if they had Prime rib there the first night or Ribs and shrimp on another

I was on the Getaway last week - I saw signs for Prime Rib night on the last night of the cruise. I don't know if it was also available any other nights.

Thanks for all the info! We are sailing this itinerary in October and while I'm sure a few things might change by then, at least I can get a feel for shows, etc.

Also, how is the internet speed/connectivity? NCL promised upgraded internet on all ships by July but I haven't read any posts indicating that was the case yet.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thanks for all the info! We are sailing this itinerary in October and while I'm sure a few things might change by then, at least I can get a feel for shows, etc.

Also, how is the internet speed/connectivity? NCL promised upgraded internet on all ships by July but I haven't read any posts indicating that was the case yet.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I am assuming it has been upgraded. It is fast enough for my wife to watch the recorded season finale to Game of Thrones from our home late Monday night when the kids were sleeping.

Fot the ropes course AND rock climbing wall you have to have closed toe AND heel shoes. You also cannot be wet. So you need to plan ahead. There is also a mini-ropes course for smaller children.

For the spider climb and bungee jump they require socks and you cannot be wet.

Thank you so much for posting all of this info! I would love to see the drink menus from the specialty bars like the ice bar and the mojito bar if you get a chance.

Mojito bar has been posted.

When were you notified that Costa maya and Cozumel switched days? I have heard that it's been happening lately. We are on the 7/3 getaway and have Nachi booked for Cozumel and have reservations at tropicante for Costa Maya so I'm a little nervous. I just checked my ncl and we're still showing Costa Maya for Thursday and Cozumel for Friday. Please tell me you were notified before you left Miami. [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When were you notified that Costa maya and Cozumel switched days? I have heard that it's been happening lately. We are on the 7/3 getaway and have Nachi booked for Cozumel and have reservations at tropicante for Costa Maya so I'm a little nervous. I just checked my ncl and we're still showing Costa Maya for Thursday and Cozumel for Friday. Please tell me you were notified before you left Miami. [emoji16][emoji16]

Yeah I'm curious about this too, I'm on the same sailing as you (this weekend), and we have a beach day booked at Maya Chan in Costa Maya. The only thing I can think of is that maybe we won't have this issue on our sailing seeing as how the port schedules for CM & Coz are different this week compared to next (in terms of how many ships are in port). But I haven't gone so far as to research the port changes over the past month or so on Getaway that I've come across to see if there are any correlations or patterns with ships in port.

EDIT: just came across another thread where someone on the 6/26 sailing (which the OP is on) was notified back on 6/17 of the port change, whereas another person who sailed back in May was notified on embarkation day. So I guess there's no telling when you'd find out.

Here's the thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2369003&highlight=getaway

Edited by joeski27

Dug into this a little further, I think the only CM/Coz port swaps are happening on days that there are more then one ship in port in CM. Thankfully we (the Getaway) are the only show in town next week, so we should be good (I think).

Sorry to hijack the thread :D, now back to the dailies & menues! :cool:

Hello and thanks for posting all this great stuff!

I have been reading the reviews on the review page and one disgruntled patron mentioned that you cannas go to Howl at the Moon without reservations.

Is this true? I don't know how they would do it as the show goes on for so long with people in and out , standing , etc.

Thanks for the info,if you have it.

Safe journey!

I was never told by NCL. I heard from my private excursion operator a week before the trip. You should hear from your travel agent or could call NCL.