NCL Getaway Dailies & Other Info - 6/26 - 7/3

dunnma

Thank you so much for posting the dailies!

Can you please tell me when docking in Belize if the local time matches ship time. I'm planning a private excursion and would like to know what time I need to schedule my tour. Thank you!

Cool & the rest of CC not on a cruise always find these info helpful and as future reference.

Indications of faster internet rolling out yet ?? a/k/a the new SpeedNet for NCL promised by/for July 2016 fleetwide.

Could you please the current internet pricing plan offered on the GA, both the unlimited options & minutes plan (unless they've switched over to MB data used plans)

How's iConcierge working - is the optional onboard text/SMS & calling fee now $12.95 because we're on the Breakaway last mont & it was increased to $9.95 (previously $7.95) while other NCL ships were reporting $12.95 per device registered for the add-on/extra paid usage.

Others sailing the GA would be grateful for your posts & enjoy your time on the ship.

Thank you so much for posting the dailies!

Can you please tell me when docking in Belize if the local time matches ship time. I'm planning a private excursion and would like to know what time I need to schedule my tour. Thank you!

The Getaway alters their time to be the local time unlike Carnival. The private operator has generic instructions that is confusing things for ships that alter their time. Belize was 8am all around if i remember right. It is a tender port so you will need to book what time you want off and then a 15 minute boat ride or so.

Cool & the rest of CC not on a cruise always find these info helpful and as future reference.

Indications of faster internet rolling out yet ?? a/k/a the new SpeedNet for NCL promised by/for July 2016 fleetwide.

Could you please the current internet pricing plan offered on the GA, both the unlimited options & minutes plan (unless they've switched over to MB data used plans)

How's iConcierge working - is the optional onboard text/SMS & calling fee now $12.95 because we're on the Breakaway last mont & it was increased to $9.95 (previously $7.95) while other NCL ships were reporting $12.95 per device registered for the add-on/extra paid usage.

Others sailing the GA would be grateful for your posts & enjoy your time on the ship.

I already commented about the upgraded speed and you can find the pricing on their website.

Looks like the calling/messaging portion of the app is $14.99 (see attached). We didn't do it since we are always together.

Screenshot_20160630-213119.jpg.13605b5b576186f4dfcbee975c0d758b.jpg

The Getaway alters their time to be the local time unlike Carnival. The private operator has generic instructions that is confusing things for ships that alter their time. Belize was 8am all around if i remember right. It is a tender port so you will need to book what time you want off and then a 15 minute boat ride or so.

Thank you very much!

Thanks so much for all of these! My cabinmate has never been on a cruise before so I've been stoking her excitement and anticipation with reviews, videos, and dailies. And it's working!

Hello and thanks for posting all this great stuff!

I have been reading the reviews on the review page and one disgruntled patron mentioned that you cannas go to Howl at the Moon without reservations.

Is this true? I don't know how they would do it as the show goes on for so long with people in and out , standing , etc.

Thanks for the info,if you have it.

Safe journey!

We were on at the end of May and you couldn't make reservations for Howl at the Moon. There was a long line just before they opened the doors, but after a while people started leaving and there was room for new people to come in.

You really did need to make reservations for the comedy shows, I saw many people in the standby lines get turned away every night except the night it was in the Getaway Theater.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Looks like the calling/messaging portion of the app is $14.99 (see attached). We didn't do it since we are always together.

Goodness! It keeps going up. We got on board in 5/22 and I expected to pay the $7.95 that I kept reading about here. When I logged on to get it set up, the cost was $12.99. Now it's $2.00 more, only a month later.

Goodness! It keeps going up. We got on board in 5/22 and I expected to pay the $7.95 that I kept reading about here. When I logged on to get it set up, the cost was $12.99. Now it's $2.00 more, only a month later.
Yeah...likely trying to find the right price point

Thank you so much for posting all of this great information. We will be on the Getaway July 10th and we are so excited.

Can you let me know if they have any fireworks anymore? I thought I saw it somewhere that they still did it, at least for the sail away party but then someone else said they no longer do them at all.

I hope you had an amazing vacation!

Can you let me know if they have any fireworks anymore? I thought I saw it somewhere that they still did it, at least for the sail away party but then someone else said they no longer do them at all.

No more fireworks on the GA (or any other NCL ship for that matter). They stopped doing them shortly after our cruise last June, so either late summer or early fall

Thank you very much for the dailies. We are considering the Getaway for Dec,2017 along with the Celebrity Equinox. They are very close on price, and on X, we get $300.00OBC.I definitely like the vibe and the entertainment better on NCL, but DW loves the S class on X. By the way, neither of us has been on NCL Freestyle, or Celebrity. I was on the Norway back in '95, but that was a different world. I usually sail Royal, but we tried MSC and loved it.

How was it? We are considering going there on July 5th, for our anniversary dinner. What kind of veggies do they include? Not a big veggie fan.

We dined Teppanyaki on the day we left port. 8pm dinner reservations. Our hibachi chef was awesome and we were lucky enough to dine with 2 wonderful women for England. All of the hibachi chefs were entertaining and it seems that everyone in the restaurant was having a delicious time. We didn't get a photo of the menu, but will say it was delicious. I went for the filet mignon and lobster and it was wonderful. We sailed June 26-July 3

Could you please tell me what your port times were in Roatan? We are on the Getaway in December and NCL shows 10-6, but the booking site I used as well as cruisett show 8-5. I was disappointed to see that there will be three ships in port the day we are there which I believe is a lot for Roatan. I'm hoping for the 8-5 port time so we will at least be the first ship that day.

Could you please tell me what your port times were in Roatan? We are on the Getaway in December and NCL shows 10-6, but the booking site I used as well as cruisett show 8-5. I was disappointed to see that there will be three ships in port the day we are there which I believe is a lot for Roatan. I'm hoping for the 8-5 port time so we will at least be the first ship that day.

At the end of May, it was 10-6.

Our port time in Roatan were 10am - 6pm. 3 ships is a lot for Roatan! We did not do an excursion the day we were there, instead we visited the shops in port and then we walked a little outside of the port. We ended up going back to the ship and just enjoying the quiet of most people being off. It gave us an opportunity to take advantage of the water slides and everything else that is usually crowded at other times. There's a time change for Roatan, you turn your clocks back an hour and there's another time change in Belize where you turn back another hour. Being 2 hours back is kind of weird, but hey, we're on vacation!

I hope you enjoy your trip!!!!