My Viking Journey - Wishlist?

mrsaquashark

Last week, DH and I booked a deluxe veranda the January 8, 2017 sailing of the Viking Sea on the Romantic Mediterranean itinerary, and I dutifully went and filled out the information forms and set up our profile in My Viking Journey.

Now I am being prompted by the website to make my wishlist - which sounds great because I love the planning process, but I know I can't book my excursions until 67 days out. However, when I go in to try to make my wishlist, the website tells me that I can't even see the excursions until 67 days out. Does this mean I'll only have 7 days to vet the excursions, add them to my wishlist, and then book them before they become available to the small number of rooms that don't get access to them before I do? If so, this seems to greatly lessen the utility of the wishlist feature.

How have others booked on Viking Ocean made use of this wishlist feature?

Wishlist is a feature they thought they should include when they first decided what they wanted to include on the website but then it never seems to have been developed or well-integrated. IMHO, don't bother with wishlist. You don't need to add a tour to the wishlist before you actually book it; you can book it straight from the shorex page when booking opens.

The tours should be populated by the time the highest categories can start booking tours at 97 days out. In the meantime, a tentative list is available on the itinerary page of your cruise. You will have to click on each day of the cruise and then scroll down to see what tours MAY be on offer in January; the list you see is boiler-plate and not seasonal adjusted.

I used the snip tool on my PC to snip and paste the tours I was interested into a document I created. I'll revisit the itinerary at the end of the summer to see if I have changed my mind about any of the tours and to see if Viking has made any changes in the tentative offerings.

Hope this helps.

Last week, DH and I booked a deluxe veranda the January 8, 2017 sailing of the Viking Sea on the Romantic Mediterranean itinerary

How have others booked on Viking Ocean made use of this wishlist feature?

You are correct that you can't update your Wishlist until 67 days out on MyVikingJourney for excursions. Ours was the same (Aug departure Empires of the Med) but there was space available when the 67 days kick in.

What I did was look at was the webpage for the particular Viking cruise, so I knew what I wanted to do 67 days out. Under each day the various excursions are shown (incl the freebie) at the bottom of the page.