Budget Things to Do

cdl324

We are cruising in October on our honeymoon and this is one of our port stops! We are on a budget so we are looking for recommendations on things to do, best beaches, etc. We might splurge on snorkeling since we have never been. :) If anyone has any suggestions, this is our first time on a cruise and first time out of the country!! Thanks in advance. :)

I highly recommend the Boatyard. Beautiful beach and for $20pp you get a chair, umbrella, drink and the boat ride out to swim with the turtles is INCLUDED. It's beautiful there. Your ride back to the ship is ALSO included!

Check out my full review of our day there. It has TONS of pictures. It's located HERE.

I highly recommend the Boatyard. Beautiful beach and for $20pp you get a chair, umbrella, drink and the boat ride out to swim with the turtles is INCLUDED. It's beautiful there. Your ride back to the ship is ALSO included!

Check out my full review of our day there. It has TONS of pictures. It's located HERE.

I read your WHOLE review and it was amazing! It has helped me out a ton!! We are so excited for our first cruise! Thank you so much!

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't bother with the Boatyard - it's hectic, they blast horrible loud music and there is an ugly thing sticking out into the water (a pier of some sort? Ugly metal structure).

It's just part of the very long beach, there are much nicer parts you can go. You can get chairs and umbrellas everywhere!

I wouldn't bother with the Boatyard - it's hectic, they blast horrible loud music and there is an ugly thing sticking out into the water (a pier of some sort? Ugly metal structure).

It's just part of the very long beach, there are much nicer parts you can go. You can get chairs and umbrellas everywhere!

That's your opinion. The music is only loud at the bar. The beach is pretty quiet. We had an amazing time there.

0d4aec91aa7fc5e7373091e7fd4c83d9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's your opinion. The music is only loud at the bar. The beach is pretty quiet. We had an amazing time there.

I have to agree. I didn't even notice the music until I went up toward the bar. The beach was awesome and not too crowded. It's all going to depend on how many ships are in port and such. The ugly thing sticking out of the water IS a pier and that's where boats "park" and that's the pier you will use to get on the boat that takes you out for FREE to swim with the turtles. It's also a pier that they have a rope you can swing off of for fun. Because it's a pier, that means that things are in the water below it...such as fish and coral...great for those wanting to see a little "something" extra when under water. ;)

Well, obviously it's my opinion, since I can hardly express anyone else's, can I :D

We walked on the beach and the music was blasting - and horrible, so it's not just at the bar. I guess if that's what you're after, then that's the beach for you. If you don't want deafening music and looking at an eye sore while lying on the beach, I recommend you go to one of the other parts - it's the same beach, after all!

Well, obviously it's my opinion, since I can hardly express anyone else's, can I :D

We walked on the beach and the music was blasting - and horrible, so it's not just at the bar. I guess if that's what you're after, then that's the beach for you. If you don't want deafening music and looking at an eye sore while lying on the beach, I recommend you go to one of the other parts - it's the same beach, after all!

If it was that loud it must have been an isolated incident. I hate crowds, loud music, and I am a non drinker and love the boatyard.

I don't get how a pier is an eyesore.

Thanks!

Interesting how one person can perceive a pier as being ugly, while others don't even notice it because water and piers just go together. :)

Agreed. Plus there's the bonus of being able to go up on the pier to take some great pictures :)