Tell Me Something Good About Anthem

We just got off from a 5 day (family of 8); We went to bumper car-nage with about 45 minutes left for their timing. It was a short wait. A good hint; on disembarkation morning, if you are using the Windjammer, take your food out to the pool area for plenty of seating & shade. The staff was fabulous to our 3 grands 5, 7. 10. Ocean Adventure was wonderful. A truly memorable experience; we're booked again for next year.

Sailing on August 6 for five days to Bermuda. Its been a real long time since our last vacation and we are really looking forward to this. I know I'm probably being paranoid but there seems to be so many bad reviews of this ship. And I'm a little disappointed that RCCL has completely changed all of the reservations I had made (check your email if you are booked this summer). So please, can I hear some good (true) things about the Anthem! Thanks.

We loved the Anthem. The only complaint will be is 5 days is not enough time to do everything. You will leave the ship wanting more. Windjammer: don't go right when it opens and you will find a seat, plenty of options. We had DD Classic, which worked well for us. Dog House is a hidden gem. W would like to have tried the pub, never got around to it. Did not try any of the specialty restaurants. Shows: loved the visuals on all of them, did not understand the Gift. The guest entertainers were all good. Piano player in Schooner bar great, pool band best ever. Amazing number of music venues. Ifly and North star are great, didn't do bumper cars, rock climbing or flowrider. Solarium great , nice to have one for families and one just for adults. Usual lounger issues...

We loved the new staterooms on Anthem! The use of space was simply amazing and the bathroom was very roomy (we were in a balcony room). The people in staterooms around us didn't realize you could "close" the door, rather than "let it slam", but after a couple of visits with our cabin attendant, that problem was mostly solved.

We ate meals in the Windjammer, and the food was really very good. (We do this on all ships.....we are tired of the time the main dining room takes out of your day), and saw We Will Rock You one night.

Hope this helps.

Barb