Uber from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Downtown Miami Hotel

Tomorrow we are flying into the Fort Lauderdale Airport. We were planning on taking Uber and have a few questions.

1. Where does one pick up Uber at the airport? There will be three of us with three large rollers - do you think we will be required to do Uber XL?

2. Is Uber XL still cheaper and easier than a Cab?

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell

Thanks

Tim

It's a really easy process. Here's a map of the pick up areas:

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/Transportationnetworkcompanies.aspx

You'll basically just need to walk to the curbside area in-between the terminal buildings. If you're coming in on Southwest, you would hang a right as you exit baggage claim and keep walking past the terminal building itself. It's a bit of a trek. It's the same areas the shared shuttles pick up. I would do XL since you may get a tiny little car with regular Uber. Depending on traffic price might be similar to a cab, but split between three people it's really reasonable.

We used Uber at FLL in May. You need to know the terminal number you are arriving at. The driver texted me to ask exactly where we were. We just walked out from baggage pick up. We did not have to go to a special Uber pick up area.

I would do Uber XL unless one or two of you are okay holding your suitcases on your lap if you get a really small car.

Edited by przyk