Multiple Reservations at Palo

Clipper

We (a couple in our sixties) have booked a suite on the Wonder out of Galveston fairly late in the game. As a consequence, only late seating was available. As this is really too late for us, I am wondering whether one can reserve a table in Palo for several nights of a cruise. I don't want to eat every night in the Buffet and in-suite dining for dinners strikes me as impractical. We appreciate your input.

We (a couple in our sixties) have booked a suite on the Wonder out of Galveston fairly late in the game. As a consequence, only late seating was available. As this is really too late for us, I am wondering whether one can reserve a table in Palo for several nights of a cruise. I don't want to eat every night in the Buffet and in-suite dining for dinners strikes me as impractical. We appreciate your input.

Pre-cruise you can only book one brunch and one dinner at Palo. Once onboard, subject to availability, you can book additional times.

Question - did you ask to be placed on the wait list for early seating? That would be a good thing to do. I don't know when your cruise is, but if you have a little time (couple of weeks or more), after being placed on the wait list, give DCL a call and "confirm" that you are on there (remember the squeaky wheel?). If it still hasn't come through before the cruise, go immediately upon boarding to the place where dining changes are being handled (location/time will be in the Navigator you get in the terminal)and make the request again. Most times these steps will work. Sometimes not.

Oh, I see you said you're staying in a suite - do you mean Concierge? If so, ask shoreside Concierge to give you an assist in switching to main seating.

Another note - the buffet is not "buffet" for dinner. It's a sit-down table service with a menu of selected items from the other menus available that evening in the other dining rooms, plus a carving station and salad bar.

Edited by Shmoo here

If you are in a suite, the concierge will move you to main seating--call them ASAP.

If you are in a regular cabin, call DCL and ask to be wait listed for main seating. Do this immediately. If at check in you find that you are still on late dining, go to the location for "Dining Changes" and again ask if you can be moved. It is usually possible.

Finally, as noted, there is no dinner buffet on DCL. The pool deck restaurant becomes a cruise casual sit down restaurant, no reservations required. You just present yourselves at the podium at any time during the hours they are open. You can preview the menu before you decide to be seated. It is a lovely experience--typically a great sunset view, not crowded, much more quiet than the MDRs.

You can reserve one brunch and one dinner in Palo in advance. Again, on day 1 go to the area designated for Palo reservations and let them know that you'd like additional reservations if available. You'll be notified on day 2 if there are openings. The idea is to give everyone a chance at one reservation before anyone gets more than that.

If you are in a suite my experience with shore side concierge has been they will give us whichever dining time we ask for.

If you want multiple Palo - and I did multiple nights there too - then the concierge will meet you when you board and book some times for you. On the Dream there is a separate lounge for this, on the Magic/Wonder there wasn't and it was in the nightclub area (maybe there is now?)

On the Dream there is a separate lounge for this, on the Magic/Wonder there wasn't and it was in the nightclub area (maybe there is now?)

When the Wonder comes out of dry dock this time they're expected to have a Concierge Lounge like the Magic got on their last dry dock.

Thank you all so much. We are in a one-bedroom Concierge suite so will discuss this with the on-shore concierge when the time comes to speak with him or her.

They can handle your dining issue now. The time to talk to them is no later than 125 days before embarkation...or as soon as you book if you book later than that. And yes, they will be able to handle all of your reservations, etc. in the concierge lounge at boarding if not done before. It is much easier to do it in advance though so embarkation can be more stress free.

Edited by moki'smommy

Thank you all so much. We are in a one-bedroom Concierge suite so will discuss this with the on-shore concierge when the time comes to speak with him or her.

You should give them a call today and explain which dining you want. They are there until 5:30

Here is the number: 1-866-784-1654

There is no problem with concierge level guests getting multiple Palo reservations. They will get one dinner in advance and as many more as they wish when meeting with the on board concierge. It just isn't readily advertised that it will happen.

And yes, the Wonder is officially scheduled for a concierge lounge. We don't know if the location will be the same or different as on the Magic. I've seen varying reports.

Thank you, all, again. I spoke with the shore-side concierge this morning and changed our seating from late to main. She could not have been more gracious. I was extremely impressed! I had been told Disney customer service was exceptional and my experience certainly bears this out.