Carnival Gift Cards

I just joined the AARP website, and in a little over an hour earned enough points for $50 off $500. It was fairly simple. I will do more tomorrow, as I want to pay for all of our excursions, plus spending money. Works for us!! I will also get a card to pay the balance due.

Congrats. $50 for an hours work isn't bad. Plus, it is a great feeling. Use that $50 wisely!!

We are going on a family cruise in February. I started buying gift cards, through Carnival, for birthdays, anniversaries and for Christmas. I bought several 25 and 50 cards and now, those are not available. The smallest denomination is $100!! The cruise cash cards seemed to be delivered in staterooms. I don't want those. I've never seen them sold locally, but will try to scope it out. Grrrrr, just when I thought I had all my Christmas shopping planned out.

I have purchased Carnival gift cards at our local supermarket (Shaw's), Lowe's, and two malls.

I like to purchase them when they offer bonus points on all gift cards. Get some money off gas that way. Even with no bonus points you get 10c off a gallon for every $50 in GC's purchases.

Each time I go grocery shop, I try to pick up one. Disney sometimes too. Every little chunk away at the balance helps. And I'm spending that money anyway...might as well get something for it.

I don't have Verizon, otherwise I'd be all over that too!

I canceled a shore excursion booked online for upcoming cruise.

I paid with Carnival gift card.

The email confirmation stated that the refund will be issued as a new gift card.

Am I to assume that the new gift card will be mailed out to me?

Thanks.

My first few cruises I would get my bill at the end of the cruise, which was applied to a credit card. And most of the time I said "I spent that much?" So I started buying gift cards. I estimated how much I would spend on the cruise and apply it to my S&S card. Works great, no sticker shock at the end of the cruise.

Question

If you apply gift cards to your sail account and don't use all the funds is the difference refundable??

Example 1000.00 in gift cards but you spend 800.00 so on what happens to the 200.00 difference??

I ask because I got burned once with cruise cash which is NOT refundable!!!

I canceled a shore excursion booked online for upcoming cruise.

I paid with Carnival gift card.

The email confirmation stated that the refund will be issued as a new gift card.

Am I to assume that the new gift card will be mailed out to me?

Thanks.

I haven't had to do this, but from what I've read, yes, a new card will be mailed to you.

Question

If you apply gift cards to your sail account and don't use all the funds is the difference refundable??

Example 1000.00 in gift cards but you spend 800.00 so on what happens to the 200.00 difference??

I ask because I got burned once with cruise cash which is NOT refundable!!!

You should receive a new card, with the new balance, in the mail from what I've read.

Edited by WetToes