Carnival pride

We are currently booked on the norwegian gem for August 2017 leaving from NYC. We are still within the cancellation period. We were considering switching to the carnival pride. Sailing on the same date leaving from Baltimore because it's $2500 cheaper with gratuities and beverages. What do you think of the pride. From what I've seen its a better ship. I haven't been on either, though we've traveled with Norwegian previously, we don't mind the change.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hubby and I were on the Pride in 2013 with his family. We had a great time. Ages in group ranged from 7 to 65.

I would go on the Pride again in a heartbeat if I had the money!!

Karen

Hubby and I were on the Pride in 2013 with his family. We had a great time. Ages in group ranged from 7 to 65.

I would go on the Pride again in a heartbeat if I had the money!!

Karen

It's a lot cheaper than what we have booked now.

We love the pride, have sailed her three times. She is a good size, easy to get around on. Great friendly crew also. So save your money and switch to the pride. We like the 4K cabins...doors to outside, no balcony but you get sunlight at an interior room cost. Some people complain about the engine vibrations in aft cabins, something to be aware of.

We love the pride, have sailed her three times. She is a good size, easy to get around on. Great friendly crew also. So save your money and switch to the pride. We like the 4K cabins...doors to outside, no balcony but you get sunlight at an interior room cost. Some people complain about the engine vibrations in aft cabins, something to be aware of.

What's a 4k cabin?

What's a 4k cabin?

We've cruised the Pride twice and are booked for an April cruise. We usually have a balcony but this time booked the 4k which is called a French Door Interior. It is considered an interior, however the room is the same size as a balcony room. It is NOT an interior, but instead of having a balcony, it has double doors that open, but you can not go out. They are in front of the life boats. The cabins that take 4 people are in front of the lifeboats, some of the 2 person cabins are between the lifeboats and you can see the water. They are priced only slightly more than an interior. But you get light and fresh air. Don't, however leave the curtain open if you are going to change clothes or do anything else you wouldn't want strangers to see because sometimes workmen do work outside your window!

Pride is a great ship, we went March 2015 & are leaving again this coming Sunday. Best class of cruise ship in my opinion, large ship but not mega ship, does not seem as crowded when compared to other ships. Great food options with the 2.0 enhancements.

I love reading reviews ... Especially when I'll be sailing in a few weeks.

No one is really writing reviews

This will be my 3rd cruise on the pride

I was thinking the same thing. There used to be lots of reviews on here.

We have sailed on the Gem a few years back and loved it. The night time shows are better on the Gem than the Pride. We have also sailed on the Pride last September and we are sailing on it again this September We also love the Pride. 2.0 upgrades are nice. There is also A pool in the adults only serenity area. I it is less expensive to park in Baltimore than NYC but we usually drive to Baltimore the day before the cruise and stay at a hotel that includes parking and shuttle to and from the port. Let us know if you have any questions :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another vote for the Pride. The ship is on the smaller side -- not sure how it compares to the NCL Gem but it is smaller than the big, new Carnival ships. The size makes it very manageable. The crew is fantastic. We have sailed her 5 times and are about to do our first B2B.

We are currently booked on the norwegian gem for August 2017 leaving from NYC. We are still within the cancellation period. We were considering switching to the carnival pride. Sailing on the same date leaving from Baltimore because it's $2500 cheaper with gratuities and beverages. What do you think of the pride. From what I've seen its a better ship. I haven't been on either, though we've traveled with Norwegian previously, we don't mind the change.

We have been on the Pride 5 times are sixth is next April. We love the ship, the layout and the staff has been always great. The ship has 2.0 upgrades and the ship is very clear. If you are driving you will also save on parking, $110 for the week if I recall correctly, and the parking is on site right next to the ship.

We have been on the Pride 5 times are sixth is next April. We love the ship, the layout and the staff has been always great. The ship has 2.0 upgrades and the ship is very clear. If you are driving you will also save on parking, $110 for the week if I recall correctly, and the parking is on site right next to the ship.

I hope you don't mind my asking, but is there a lot of motion on the Pride? I have only cruised much larger ships, so I am concerned. When I booked, the rep said the recent overhaul saw some attention paid to the stabilizers, and this has helped the motion. Have you, since you seem to have been on the Pride before and after the changes, noticed a difference?

I was thinking the same thing. There used to be lots of reviews on here.

We have sailed on the Gem a few years back and loved it. The night time shows are better on the Gem than the Pride. We have also sailed on the Pride last September and we are sailing on it again this September We also love the Pride. 2.0 upgrades are nice. There is also A pool in the adults only serenity area. I it is less expensive to park in Baltimore than NYC but we usually drive to Baltimore the day before the cruise and stay at a hotel that includes parking and shuttle to and from the port. Let us know if you have any questions :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What hotel do you use for parking and shuttle service to Port of Baltimore?

I hope you don't mind my asking, but is there a lot of motion on the Pride? I have only cruised much larger ships, so I am concerned. When I booked, the rep said the recent overhaul saw some attention paid to the stabilizers, and this has helped the motion. Have you, since you seem to have been on the Pride before and after the changes, noticed a difference?

While speaking to people, during our cruises, that had aft staterooms they said they felt the movement, there are threads on CC about the aft motion. We have stayed in the following staterooms 4169, 5235, 4187, 5177, 8126 and did not have any problems with the ship's motion in these rooms. My wife gets motion sickness on land and never had a problem while out to sea. To help her while driving to Baltimore she starts a week of taking Dramamine.

Look at my signature. I have been on both! I loved the pride 100x more not just because of the itinerary but I do believe carnival offers more entertainment on board. The gem to Bermuda was very boring. The pride is by far the best ship I been on. Perfect size. Not overcrowded and plenty of elbow room. Was a great ship to spend 2 weeks on! I miss her everyday. And hey. 2500$ cheaper. YOU WILL LOVE THE PRIDE

As for size the are both 116' at the beam and gem is 5 ft longer. Basically the same. As for rooms I was in the mini suite on the gem which was 10sqft bigger than my extended balcony on the pride.

I'm 25 now. I was bored as crap on Norwegian. No bands no anything and that was in April. The pride has all the 2.0 upgrades. Bigger lido deck. 0 speciality restaurants besides the steak house but that doesn't bother me. For 2500 less. You would be upset if you didn't take the pride

Now as for vibration. I was on her 2 weeks. The girl who was on the roll call became great friebdship with and she had the Vista suite in the aft wrap. There is minimal vibration. Not enuff to make u sick. I actually stayed in that room for atleast 8 nights. And although you feel it. It's not a bother. Did not feel it at all in my midship 8k cabin...Same goes for the dining room. Lil shake but not anything noticeable.

Edited by caddykid12

My vote is the Pride, this was and is my family of 4 first cruise we go on the conquest in aug.(can't wait) the pride was very friendly and easy to get around. Play bingo with the money you save i played and won on the first and last days 750 and 1000 we were able to buy pictures pay for a excursion wife hit the spa ,kids got build a bears,i got more drinks:) and we still came home with about 450 the Baltimore port was very quick and well organized we had a balcony which was nice port side i think. I am surprising the family with a christmas cruise on the pride on dec. 18 I'm sure it will be even better with the new upgrades Enjoy the Pride in advance and let us know what you think!!!

While speaking to people, during our cruises, that had aft staterooms they said they felt the movement, there are threads on CC about the aft motion. We have stayed in the following staterooms 4169, 5235, 4187, 5177, 8126 and did not have any problems with the ship's motion in these rooms. My wife gets motion sickness on land and never had a problem while out to sea. To help her while driving to Baltimore she starts a week of taking Dramamine.

Thank you so much! We are in cabin 8217. I normally start Bonine 2-3 days before my cruises, so I will continue that trend.

Thank you so much! We are in cabin 8217. I normally start Bonine 2-3 days before my cruises, so I will continue that trend.

Have a great time! Which itinerary are you looking at?