ZabCab App - S. Fl Taxis

Zeta3

Hi. I thought I would do a quick post about my experience using the ZabCab app to hail a taxi to take us from downtown Miami to the Port of Miami.

Ā 

The morning we were to board our ship, I used the app to order a van cab to

Pick us up and take us to the port. The app was super simple to use, we got confirmation almost instantly that our cab was on its way, the name of the driver and cab number as well as estimated time of arrival.

Ā 

Our cab arrived right on time, friendly driver greeted us and helped us load up and off we went.

Ā 

The app lets you select things like regular or large cab and if you need them to accept credit/debit cards.

Ā 

I am not a fan of uber so this was a great alternative for us.

Their coverage area maps for Miami and Ft Lauderdale clearly emphasize the central business districts and tourist areas over residential. But since I live just inside it I may give the app a try next time I need a taxi. In Broward County you can also use the 4myCab app but the one time I did I still stood there flapping my arms as the cab repeatedly circled my condo despite the simple directions I gave for where I was waiting. I know my directions of course never get to the driver when I phone for a taxi; I guess 4myCab doesn't forward them when entered through the app either.

The article I read made a big deal about all of Broward county being on board with ZabCab so I'll be interested to see how it works for you. We used to live in Plantation so I understand the struggle šŸ™‚