Americon Icon Candy Bar <dessert>

A few years back we were on the Q. My DH fell in love with this dessert. He was looking forward to enjoying it once again on the Anthem. In May, he was informed that the dessert was no longer available. We just got off a 5 day last week and he mentioned to the waiter that he missed that particular dessert. On the last night the waiter surprised him with the Icon Candy Bar! He had gone to the chefs and one of them remembered making the dessert on the Q and made my DH a special <whole pie> Icon Candy Bar. What a wonderful surprise for my DH. Again, the staff of our cruises has gone above and beyond what was expected. KUDOS.

I actually have a very similar story from the Oasis April 22nd cruise. My girlfriend really wanted a dessert called "Jaffa Cake". We had it on the last few cruises. On day one my GF asked the waitress if they would be having it and the waitress said they would have it on Day 5.

We waited until day 5 and it wasn't on the menu. The waitress said that she had not realized that they removed it from the menu now. Not long after the MaitreDe (spelling) came to our table. The waitress must have told him about the mistake. We never complained or anything. He told us to come the next day and he would have one personally made. Sure enough, at Day6 supper our waitress came out with a full cake just for our table!

That happened with my husband and Peanut Butter Cookies. He mentioned there weren't any a few years ago anywhere on the ship (I don't remember which one) and the next day a whole plate of them was presented to him. He had been told that they weren't making them any longer. Several other people saw his cookies and mentioned it and they were suddenly back on the cookie menu.