Upgrade to Queens Grill

Vicky821

I was hoping that someone could help me. I'm a first time Cunard cruiser and booked a princess grill guarantee suite. Checked the cruise planner today and found that we have been upgraded to a Queen Grill!! On the planner it says that our dining is Princess Grill. Will we get all the Queen Grill perks or is it just the room? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be prepared to settle for no less now though :)

We booked QG a few years ago as a "one off" because it was a good price. It's very hard to settle for anything else now - though we have booked a balcony as an "extra" trip next Spring. It remains to be seen how we'll fare :D:D

Have fun.

Cunard is clever, to be sure. In 2009 they upgraded us from a basic balcony cabin to Princess Grill. For our 2010 crossing we booked Princess and they upgraded us to Queen's Grill. For 2011 we booked Princess and - no, not exactly a gift from the Upgrade Fairy, but just as good - they had one of the deals where everyone who booked PG would get a QG so we were again spoiled.

Unfortunately that was the end of our upgrades, so depending on our situation we have booked PG or Britannia and we don't feel hard done by. As former Commodore Bernie Warner said in one of his homilies at divine service: "We are all very fortunate because most people in the world could never manage a voyage on the Queen Mary 2."

Our next voyage has been booked in Britannia Club. No matter what category we have travelled in on Cunard we have always had a most enjoyable voyage.

David:

I hope that you are both well.

I will be anxious to hear your opinion on Britania Club.

Alan and I have booked a Guarantee A-1 for the QE World in 2018.

And yes, the PG is exquisite.

Evana

Edited by bananavan
spelling

David:

I hope that you are both well.

I will be anxious to hear your opinion on Britania Club.

Alan and I have booked a Guarantee A-1 for the QE World in 2018.

And yes, the PG is exquisite.

Evana

Evana, that sounds like a fabulous trip. We were on the QE (PG) for a Norway cruise three years ago. We loved that ship as much as the QM2 despite the considerable differences.

Regards, David