Which shore excursions to take

paqua

So we are booked and ready to go in August for the Adriatic NCL Jade. We have booked a tour for all the destinations: Spilit, Athens, Dubrovnik, Santorini. But now I am confused as we are a family of 3 generations and don't know whether the infants and the seniors will be able to do a hectic tour especially Santorini. Would you suggest to skip any tours and just go out easy on our own. Any help will be appreciated. This is our first cruise and hope to make many more.

I did this tour and can advise

Dubrovnik: just go into the City yourself if you haven't been there before.

I did the walk on City wall. It was just great. Just take it easy due to the heat.

Split: I went on an excursion to "Krk" National Park. That was amazing.

Don't Forget your bathing suits! You can walk around (in the shade) and go Swimming in the River/Lake. Very refeshing on a hot day. (and will since you go in August)

Santorini: I would just go ashore yourself and stroll around. Or take a leisurly tour over the Island.

Athens: can't comment on that as I stayed on the ship. My friends went ashore to see the Akropolis and they told me it was soo croweded. It was not worth it since you have to stand in the sun Long time. Oh, if you stay on the ship you basically have the ship to your self ;)

So we are booked and ready to go in August for the Adriatic NCL Jade. We have booked a tour for all the destinations: Spilit, Athens, Dubrovnik, Santorini. But now I am confused as we are a family of 3 generations and don't know whether the infants and the seniors will be able to do a hectic tour especially Santorini. Would you suggest to skip any tours and just go out easy on our own. Any help will be appreciated. This is our first cruise and hope to make many more.

For Split, I recommend taking a tour that could include visiting the city of Trogir, north of Split, as well as exploring the ancient Diocletian Palace in Split.

Dubrovnik and Athens are great DIY cities. For Dubrovnik, be sure you walk the walls, visit the Monastery and small museum.

For Athens, you can take the METRO to the station near the New Acropolis Museum, see the Acropolis, the museum and some of the other ancient sites as well as Constitution Square to see the changing of the guard.

Santorini, I suggest taking a tour that covers the island. We did one that avoided the queue to get off the ship and wait for the cable car. The tour included a visit to a vineyard.

Not sure if the ancient ruins at the south end of the island are open now. That is worth a visit.