Ketchikan Excursions Private Tours

Puffs

Does anyone know of a good private tour to do in Ketchikan? We are a group of 8 going in July and would like to get away from the crowded ship excursions. Totem poles and the rainforest area are 2 of the must see items. I have read old post about Wild Wolf Tours but nothing recent. Has anyone used them?

I am traveling with an older group of folks and three have mobility issues. I haven't visited Alaska before but on previous cruises have had luck finding private tours that can show us around and tell us about the local culture and history of the area we are visiting. Also on a private tour it seems you have more flexibility for those who can't walk a lot. I am thinking if we do a tour for a few hours we can spend the remainder of the day on Creek Street and in the area close to the ship. Again I am not familiar with the area so I could be off base with my plan. I appreciate any suggestions you have.

We used them last year and really enjoyed it. It's a one-woman show, but she knows how to adapt within the time provided to make Ketchikan the best she can for you and your group. If you do anything less than the 4-hour custom tour, you're probably limited in going either north OR south (not both), but she'll help you get it picked just right.

Thanks! This is a bucket list trip for several in our group. It will probably be a one time opportunity to visit Alaska so I really want to make sure they experience as much as possible. We are doing a Land Tour for four days before the cruise so the energy levels might be low by the time we get to Ketchikan. 😊

I am traveling with an older group of folks and three have mobility issues. I haven't visited Alaska before but on previous cruises have had luck finding private tours that can show us around and tell us about the local culture and history of the area we are visiting. Also on a private tour it seems you have more flexibility for those who can't walk a lot. I am thinking if we do a tour for a few hours we can spend the remainder of the day on Creek Street and in the area close to the ship. Again I am not familiar with the area so I could be off base with my plan. I appreciate any suggestions you have.

With mobility limits, then don't consider Totem Bight. Likely some type of drive by/park is a better match.

We booked with Ketchikan Taxi Cab Tours (http://www.ketchikantaxicabtours.com). They drove us to a short stop at Herring Cove to look for bears, eagles, and seals. Then, took us to Potlatch Park, as BQ mentioned. Potlatch had totem poles and a short 5-10 minute hike/walk through rainforest very near to Totem Bight (?). I only recall stairs going into and out of the clan house.

For 8 people, you would need 2 vans at $70-74 per hour per van (can't recall the exact rate). The owner, Dave, was great. He'll customize to your group's needs.

Wild Wolf Tours does a great job. She is a local and has tons of information to share including interesting stories about the totem poles. The rain forest is amazing and we were the only ones there. You can find recent reviews on Trip Advisor.