Carnival Inspiration - August 29th 2016

Dacon1508

My wife and I are taking our first cruise (ever) in late August- Carnival Inspiration, with stops in Catalina Island, and Ensenada Baja Mexico- 4 days/3 nights. Its our honeymoon (even though we married late last year), and she has a bad stomach, and gets nauseated easily. Is there any precautions we can take to ensure her experience is a good one? Any tips to prepare us so we don't look like 1st timers when we board? We tried to book after school is in session to avoid the plethora of families with kids, but know we will still run into them. What about excursions (the inland ones, preferably ones for plus size people like us)? Thank you in advance for any tips and hints!!

David

That's a fun little getaway itinerary. I did the same one a couple of years ago.

Check out the new cruisers board. That's going to have lots of info. You can also use the search function on the top of this board to search new cruisers under Carnival specifically.

There's a ports of call section where you can look specifically for each stop. We did a dolphin adventure (read: saw dolphins from the comfort of the dry boat) in Catalina and had quite a bit of time left over to walk the downtown area. In Ensenada we went to La Bufadora. It's a weird natural wonder of sorts. We liked it and the shopping area you go through to get to and from. Some people don't like the long drive to get there or the aggressive shop attendants but that didn't bother us. We liked seeing the countryside and it was easy to repeat, "no thanks."

The excursions on the website have reviews that are usually pretty thorough. They also will have a rating that tell you how easy or hard it is. We are plus size people, too and we love to relax on vacation- not the scuba diving or zip lining types! Read the reviews and the difficulty ratings and I'm sure you'll find the right ones for you.

Congrats and have a fantastic time on your trip!

Edited by mumtopugs

Hi,

As far as sea sickness, my family has been using "the patch" for all our cruises. It works, so we're not experimenting with any other method. But, that's us. Others will give you other options.

Since we I've locally, I've been on a few 3/4 night cruises. I just love any kind of cruise! Last December & this coming October I'll be on another 4 day cruise to Catalina & Ensenada.

As first timers, ON Catalina: A) rent a golf cart, like we've all done. OR B) Book an excursion that drives you & others around. There are varying degrees of "adventure" pick the one you & your wife would be comfortable with.

Ensenada: It's your first time, again, why not be a tourist and explore the town, have lunch, buy some souvenirs, have some great fish tacos & margaritas ( alcohol or non-alcoholic, still tasty!).

I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions, have a wonderful Honeymoon!

:). Bobbi

We will be on the same cruise :)

We are planning on doing a urban adventure scavenger hunt on catalina. We have done a couple others and always really enjoy them. The one on Catalina has a golf cart version. I like getting to see more of a area as they lead us around to areas we probably wouldn't take notice of. They have these everywhere. Really fun wherever your travels may take you.

For motion sickness we take bonnie (or something like that. I can never remember the name). We take it every time and always take it before bed the day before we sail and every night until we are home. I have never gotten sea sick and I get SERIOUS motion sickness.

I hope you have a great honeymoon cruise. Be careful though...cruising can be addicting :)