first cruise ever for me and my dad ...

Binyamins

My dad is 71 and I wonder if he enjoy the cruise...

It is new expriance for both of us.

I would like to have get tips if have ...

Also, tips for the shore excursions:

Savona

Marseille

Barcelona

Palma de Mallorca

Cagliari

Thank you !

Here's the link to the ports of call board for europe: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Since it's the first cruise for both of you, you may also want to visit the forum for whichever cruise line you're sailing. You'll be able to learn about the specifics of the cruise line there. In addition, there is a roll call for each sailing. This is where Cruise Critic members have the opportunity to talk, arrange shore excursions, online get-togethers, etc. before the cruise. If you go to the main page of the forums, scroll down the page to the roll calls section. There you'll click on your cruise line and that will take you to a list of the ships of the cruise line and you then select the ship on which you're booked. That will take you to all the roll calls for that ship--most have the embarkation date as part of the thread title.

Have a wonderful time on your first cruise!

Congratulations on your first cruise! If you and your dad keep a positive attitude, I have no doubt you both will have a great time!

Since this is your first time, I suggest that you follow the advice of the others and read, read, read! There are differences in the way one cruise line handles embarkation (getting on the ship) from another. Differences in services that are available on individual cruise lines and even the different ships within a cruise line need to be looked at so you understand better how things work. You should read the list of amenities on the particular ship you are going on so you know what is "free" and what you have to pay extra for. All of this sounds like a lot, but it is one of the more fun things to do before you cruise.

It is also very important that you know and fully understand what documents you will need to board the ship at embarkation and what you will need for each port you visit in order to get off and back on the ship. It may not be the same for each place! Lastly, please be sure you read and understand your cruise contract! Folks have been surprised by their lack of knowledge and understanding of the contract!

After you have done more research, don't be afraid to ask specific questions about the ship or the ports or cruising in general. There are lots of great folks on Cruise Critic who can answer most any question you can ask and are glad to do so!

Good luck and enjoy that cruise! :D

The ship is Costa diadema - where can I find all the info ?

Congratulations on your first cruise! If you and your dad keep a positive attitude, I have no doubt you both will have a great time!

Since this is your first time, I suggest that you follow the advice of the others and read, read, read! There are differences in the way one cruise line handles embarkation (getting on the ship) from another. Differences in services that are available on individual cruise lines and even the different ships within a cruise line need to be looked at so you understand better how things work. You should read the list of amenities on the particular ship you are going on so you know what is "free" and what you have to pay extra for. All of this sounds like a lot, but it is one of the more fun things to do before you cruise.

It is also very important that you know and fully understand what documents you will need to board the ship at embarkation and what you will need for each port you visit in order to get off and back on the ship. It may not be the same for each place! Lastly, please be sure you read and understand your cruise contract! Folks have been surprised by their lack of knowledge and understanding of the contract!

After you have done more research, don't be afraid to ask specific questions about the ship or the ports or cruising in general. There are lots of great folks on Cruise Critic who can answer most any question you can ask and are glad to do so!

Good luck and enjoy that cruise! :D

Edited by Binyamins

I took a quick look and didn't see a Roll Call for your cruise. Here is the link to Costa Roll Calls

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488

At the top left, you'll see New Thread. Click on that and you can start your own a roll call. Put name of the ship and full date of cruise, including the year, in the title.

Using the Search feature, on the top bar, type in the name of your ship and hit Go. You'll get a whole list of threads that include your ship's name and you can read more about it.

The ship is Costa diadema the leaves on the 2/09

Is it bad ship as the reviews ???

I've never sailed Costa so I don't know what their ships are like. I do know that often times when people write reviews they exaggerate the negative aspects. I honestly don't pay a lot of attention to reviews. Here's the link to the Costa forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138. You can do a search there for your ship's name and see what threads come up. That may give you a little more realistic view of what your ship may be like. That's also the place to ask questions about Costa, your ship, and any specifics you may want to know about what a Costa cruise is like.

Here's the link to a youtube video that says it's a tour of your ship:

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

The ship is Costa diadema - where can I find all the info ?

Binyamins, Google "Costa Cruise Line" and select the link for it. On the home page, at the bottom, is a list of links to a lot of various topics about Costa. One of them is the Terms and Conditions. This will be the language that specifies what happens if the cruise is canceled, your rights, etc. On that home page is also links to each of the Costa ships. It would be good to pull up the Diadema and take a look at the deck plans for the deck your cabin in on so you can see where you are in relation to elevators/stairs, the main ship lobby (or Atrium), the dining rooms, shops, restaurants and other food venues, etc. Then, follow the links provided by the other posters to see reviews of the ship, the ports, and other comments made by previous cruisers.

I hope this helps! :)