GSC Cabana Question

tel2

I know I cannot do this online, but I am wondering whether, if we have 4 cabins and we each have a 50.00 excursion credit, whether if we call to book cabana we can apply our 4 50.00 excursion credits to the cabana rental. Anyone know?

Terry

The answer was correctly stated the first time.

Just to be clear: We have 4 cabins, two of which are suites. So, each cabin has a separate 50.00 excursion credit for each port. Thus, we have four 50.00 excursion credits for GSC.

The large Cabana is for 8 people, which we have -- 2 in each room. When we called to book, which we ended up not doing yet because we are changing our date, we told the person we were speaking to we wanted to divide the cost between us, have all of us on the reservation, and put 25% of the cost on 4 different credit cards, and they said that was no problem. So, that is what got me thinking that we should ask them if we could each apply our GSC excursion credit.

I will obviously call them, but wondered whether anyone had tried to do this. I read the T&C carefully, and I see absolutely nothing that could possibly be interpreted as not allowing this. The cabana is specifically for 8 people, we are in 4 separate staterooms, and we each want to apply our credit to our share of the excursion cost (I am sure they will come up with some reason why it isn't allowed..... I mostly wanted to figure out what explanation they gave if it had not been allowed.....)

Terry

Edited by tel2

Just to be clear: We have 4 cabins, two of which are suites. So, each cabin has a separate 50.00 excursion credit for each port. Thus, we have four 50.00 excursion credits for GSC.

Definitely you cannot. I've asked, and it was not allowed. The credit is to be used individually and cannot be combined. They gave no reason other than that.

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

The large Cabana is for 8 people, which we have -- 2 in each room. When we called to book, which we ended up not doing yet because we are changing our date, we told the person we were speaking to we wanted to divide the cost between us, have all of us on the reservation, and put 25% of the cost on 4 different credit cards, and they said that was no problem. So, that is what got me thinking that we should ask them if we could each apply our GSC excursion credit.

I will obviously call them, but wondered whether anyone had tried to do this. I read the T&C carefully, and I see absolutely nothing that could possibly be interpreted as not allowing this. The cabana is specifically for 8 people, we are in 4 separate staterooms, and we each want to apply our credit to our share of the excursion cost (I am sure they will come up with some reason why it isn't allowed..... I mostly wanted to figure out what explanation they gave if it had not been allowed.....)

Terry

Unfortunately, no. Would be nice though if they allowed it!

actually impressive "outside the box thinking" tel2. What everyone else has said is correct but I wanted to bring something to your attention:

If you have 2 or more credit cards in one stateroom then the excursion credit is split evenly between the credit cards. It was explained to me that they say "per stateroom" for the ease in explaining the promo because not many people have 2 or more credit cards associated within a stateroom.....

That may be tricky when you go and book the cabana because the cabana is an excursion that is booked by an individual passenger. Thus, if you have 2 credit cards in the room and 1 person books the cabana, then they only get a $25 credit....

Please confirm with NCL but this is what happened in March 2016 to my DW & SIL when they traveled in the same stateroom but had different credit cards.