An Alaskan Adventure on the Sun - Pictorial Review with Menus, Dailies, and Puppies.

shadowmeboy

Thank you so much for such an awesome review! We are booked northbound Vancouver-Seward June 2017 so loved the pictures of boarding at Canada Place. We have never cruised before so don't know what to expect, how everything is done so your review was very helpful. Both you and your wife seemed to be having so much fun and just seemed so relaxed....felt like I was there on the cruise with you! Thanks again....incredible job!

I spent a lot of time here on cruise critic seeing what people wanted to know, and tried to get that info.

We had a blast! I am glad that came across in the review.

First let me thank you for a glorious review! I live in Ninilchik Alaska, have sailed 7 times with Princess, Celebrity and NCL and this is my second Alaska cruise but it was over 12 years ago when I sailed the inside passage the first time so I remember the highlights and no low lights but I can't seem to remember logistical details much! ;)

We are scheduled to sail from Vancouver to Seward on August 22nd.. I am bringing a dear friend who has COPD and is on oxygen 24x7 so she cannot walk long distances. We have arranged an electric scooter for her for the cruise but I am wondering if there were taxis at the dock at Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway. We really want to make sure we get to the quilt shops in each port as well as local food companies (fudge, jams, jellies, etc...) Specifically, we would want to find a company that has a van that can carry her scooter and drop us off and then we will call to be picked up later to return to the ship. Did you see taxi vans at the docks?

Thanks. Cruise on!

While trying to see and remember everything for the review, I cannot remember seeing those type of taxis. I asked Susan and she couldn't remember either. I suggest calling cab companies and ask, they might be able to direct you to someone who does if they don't.

Your review is awesome. Thank you! We have just booked on the Sun for the Northbound Alaska trip in July 2017 and I am loving all the details (menus, pictures, suggestions) you have included. Well done - sounds like you had a great trip and thank you so much for all the work you included here.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, so I can try to answer them.

I have looked forward every morning to read what you posted the night before. Such a great review! I'm going to miss y'all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for reading and enjoying.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, so I can try to answer them.

Thank you for reading and enjoying.

hi

do you remember who the officers are on your sailing namely the Cruise and Hotel directors.

thanks\

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your review. Your "formal" dinner photos were a hoot. Thanks for sharing your adventures with everyone here.

Well thank you! Since we bought the 20+3 bonus photo packages online, we figured we should have some fun with a couple! We got to know all the photographers so they loved seeing what we did when they developed them each day.

Thanks for the terrific report. You guys are so cute! We're on the Sun next month- surprising my husband with a cruisetour.:)

Which cruisetour? I am looking into doing one next summer and would love to hear your review when you return!!

Thank you so much for such a great review! This was awesome to read, and I love the pictures. We are leaving on the Sun in 4 weeks, same cruise. I am SO excited after reading this review. You guys looked like you had a fabulous time!!!

I have finally arrived at the last post in this story. I enjoyed every minute of it. I am sad that the story is done, but glad that I will be leaving on my own southbound cruise on the Sun on August 29. I am excited and ready. Your postings, and beautiful pictures have really got me fired up! Many thanks for the time you took. I enjoyed "meeting" you and Susan and appreciate that you let us in to your lives for this cruise review. Thank you.

I liked your ability to adjust to the changes and not see them as disappointments. I wonder if you know whether subsequent cruises also had to go to Sitka instead of to Skagway? Or was the sewage problem resolved? Either way I am going to channel your attitude and see it all as an adventure, but I was curious.

Thank you so much for such a great review! This was awesome to read, and I love the pictures. We are leaving on the Sun in 4 weeks, same cruise. I am SO excited after reading this review. You guys looked like you had a fabulous time!!!

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did. we had a blast. Even with the changes, we made the most of the opportunities presented.

I have finally arrived at the last post in this story. I enjoyed every minute of it. I am sad that the story is done, but glad that I will be leaving on my own southbound cruise on the Sun on August 29. I am excited and ready. Your postings, and beautiful pictures have really got me fired up! Many thanks for the time you took. I enjoyed "meeting" you and Susan and appreciate that you let us in to your lives for this cruise review. Thank you.

I liked your ability to adjust to the changes and not see them as disappointments. I wonder if you know whether subsequent cruises also had to go to Sitka instead of to Skagway? Or was the sewage problem resolved? Either way I am going to channel your attitude and see it all as an adventure, but I was curious.

The bacteria levels were almost up to Alaska state requirements on our cruise, so I would think by now they should be all the way there.

Everyone can make a choice, either accept the change and work with it, or resist the change and be miserable about it. We had beautiful weather in Sitka, so it made the port even more enjoyable. We embraced the change and got a fabulous experience. Others on our cruise were still sour when we reached Vancouver.

Thanks for the great story and multitude of photos. You must have taken over a thousand in total.

:)

I snapped close to 2500 pictures. Not all of those made my cut, and I further reduced those ones, which did, down for the review.

What a wonderful review!! It was as though I was there. Just what I needed to have a little insight as to what is to come. I board the Sun August 15th after spending 4 nights in the Seward/Kenai area. You seem to love life and you go with the flow...that is a awesome trait to have. Thank you for all the wonderful pictures. I especially excited for the dinners now!

Thanks for the great review, shadowmeboy! I have booked an aft balcony for next June on the Vancouver to Seward itinerary, and I'm researching like crazy!!

I'm planning to spend another 5-6 days in Alaska after the cruise. Not sure if I want to drive all the way out to Denali, or maybe just out to Talkeetna then take a plane tour around the mountain. Or I may just hang around Anchorage and Seward. So much to see, so little time!!

What a wonderful review!! It was as though I was there. Just what I needed to have a little insight as to what is to come. I board the Sun August 15th after spending 4 nights in the Seward/Kenai area. You seem to love life and you go with the flow...that is a awesome trait to have. Thank you for all the wonderful pictures. I especially excited for the dinners now!

Your welcome and thank you for reading. My wife and I enjoy cruising and wish we could do it more than we can currently. I am a planner, but know things can change and you have be flexible.