Brilliance of the Seas Barcelona to Barcelona Mediterranean cruise blog

Hi all, we are currently on board Brilliance on our 12 night Mediterranean cruise. I am writing a blog and thought I would share it for anyone interested.

We had a few days on our own in Batcelona which I have also covered and will have another day there at the end of the cruise.

We are from Australia, myself Alessandra, an executive manager at a large company, (originally from Sardinia Italy), my husband and paramedic Trevor and our 12 year old son Michael.

Our cruise visits Villefranche (for Nice and Monaco), Livorno (for Florence and Pisa), Civitavecchia (for Rome, Salerno (for Naples and Amalfi coast), Venice overnight, Ravenna In Italy and Kotor in Montenegro.

Hope this review is interesting and please don't hesitate to post questions as I have regular internet access so i can answer as we go along.....

Happy cruising all, here is the link to the first post, just work your way forward.....

http://daleyfamilytravelblog.blogspot.com/2016_06_01_archive.html?m=0

Edited by OzKruser

I am enjoying your blog, thank you. Could you please tell me how easy it was to meet your guide to Florence. Not sure what to do at this port, we are on the Sept 11th sailing.

Thanks Norma

I am enjoying your blog, thank you. Could you please tell me how easy it was to meet your guide to Florence. Not sure what to do at this port, we are on the Sept 11th sailing.

Thanks Norma

Hi

We were a little worried about this also. This was a ship organised excursion, not sure if I said that but given you ha e a number of hours on your own, we had to make sure we got back in time to meet our guide and bus. It was quite easy, the meeting point was around the corner from Piazza Santa Croce. We easily covered the main sights and had lunch in the time allotted and got back to the meeting point with time to spare.

It's an ok excursion if you feel comfortable going on your own, we had been there before so we were OK with that....

Hi

We were a little worried about this also. This was a ship organised excursion, not sure if I said that but given you ha e a number of hours on your own, we had to make sure we got back in time to meet our guide and bus. It was quite easy, the meeting point was around the corner from Piazza Santa Croce. We easily covered the main sights and had lunch in the time allotted and got back to the meeting point with time to spare.

It's an ok excursion if you feel comfortable going on your own, we had been there before so we were OK with that....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying this blog and look forward to more as we will be on it in September. Can you tell me if the internet speed is good? And do you have surf only or surf and stream package?

Hi thanks for your interest, I have the surf package. The Internet spore has been ok for speed but wifi sometimes drops out and you have to try to get it back.

They also advise that after 2 hours of inactivity you will be logged out and have to log in again. Sometimes that's the case.

Hi there! We were on the same cruise, just got home yesterday. You're son and my daughter Laura were friends in the kids club :). I have a cute photo of them on prom night that I can post if you like, or send to you. They were all having a blast! Looks like you guys had an amazing time, as we did as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi there! We were on the same cruise, just got home yesterday. You're son and my daughter Laura were friends in the kids club :). I have a cute photo of them on prom night that I can post if you like, or send to you. They were all having a blast! Looks like you guys had an amazing time, as we did as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi!!

What a coincidence! Michael had a great time with the other kids too!

Yes the trip was great, a bit sad coming home to the news about Nice, we are happy to be home safe now.