BVE - who can board together

hpojda

I have booked the BVE for my dad and my sister for our upcoming cruise out of SF to Alaska in Aug. The group I am traveling with has booked 4 staterooms (for a total of 10 people). Can all those people experience the BVE together or just the reservation that is associated with the BVE? Specifically my husband and 2 of my children are booked in a different room than myself and our other 2 kids. I'm hoping we can all board together and experience the BVE. Thanks - cruising newbie.

The most important thing is to make sure that all of your reservations are linked together.

In our situation, also boarding in San Francisco, we had three cabins, and two guests for the BVE. At first, security wasn't going to let us all board together, but eventually we were all allowed in.

I think the problem was that the two BVE guests were linked to my reservation, but the other two cabins had used a different travel agency, so they weren't linked to me.

I have booked the BVE for my dad and my sister for our upcoming cruise out of SF to Alaska in Aug. The group I am traveling with has booked 4 staterooms (for a total of 10 people). Can all those people experience the BVE together or just the reservation that is associated with the BVE? Specifically my husband and 2 of my children are booked in a different room than myself and our other 2 kids. I'm hoping we can all board together and experience the BVE. Thanks - cruising newbie.

We just booked this for my niece and we are traveling with my brother and sister as well so have two cabins. When booking the BVE for her, I made sure that the person at Princess had both cabins down for early boarding for the BVE. She checked into it and then made sure we were all set to go. As the other posts mentioned, she must have been linking the reservations.

Just out of curiosity, on which Aug itinerary are you sailing? We might be on the same cruise.

Speaking from my past experience with the BVE....Make phone calls, take names, most important take the phone number with you of the person you speak with.

It seems like you are already having issues with your BVE. Make sure your reservations are linked.

BUT, that doesn't matter if the people on the pier don't know what they are doing. They may only allow the BVE guests to board and not you. IF that happens and I hope it doesn't, get on the phone immediately with the person and tell them whats happening. You may have to find a supervisor on the pier. Don't take NO for any answer. Best of luck, enjoy your cruise and BVE.

@cruiseraider - we are sailing on Aug 9.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I am going to call and make sure everything is linked. This sounds like a bit of a headache. Heck it took me 4 phone calls just to get it booked, then booking it took over 30 min.

Seems silly that they wouldn't let us board with the BVE passengers - isn't that the point? You are going on a cruise and you invite some friends on board for a little party beforehand?

@cruiseraider - we are sailing on Aug 9.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I am going to call and make sure everything is linked. This sounds like a bit of a headache. Heck it took me 4 phone calls just to get it booked, then booking it took over 30 min.

Seems silly that they wouldn't let us board with the BVE passengers - isn't that the point? You are going on a cruise and you invite some friends on board for a little party beforehand?

Oh, too bad....we're on the one right after yours.