Cruise Critics Price Drop Notifications

pma29223

I get periodic emails from CC about price drops. I am not sure that I can believe what I am being sent. The price shown as the "original" or book price is totally higher than any price I have seen on any website for a particular cruise or ship. The price drop is always in the high 70-80's percent and the resulting price, after the drop, is normally higher than I booked my cruises at.

Maybe it is just my understanding of what I am seeing, but I have about 0% confidence in the value of the emails. Maybe others can either tell me how wrong I am or validate what I am seeing. Either way, I think there are other options, such as mock bookings, that offer a much more realistic price comparison.

I subscribed to Cruise Critic's price drop emails (as well as ticking price drop notifications on a cruise app) & so far when I receive an email from either one regarding a price drop, I go to check Carnival Fare Viewer & they never apply to my category rate. I've only been doing it for about a month & have received several emails. Will probably continue just in case but so far no luck here!

I have found it worthless.

Every notification I have received says no price drop. But, we received a nice price drop because Carnival added a senior saver rate which we qualified for. Also at the same time someone on our roll call got a similar price drop because there was a special that applied to their home state. I'm sure if they were subscribed to the cruisecritic price drop, it would also not have told them of that potential price drop.

There seem to be just too many variables involved to make this notification system workable.