Just a SMALL Freedom Update

FitzLA

This is something that might have been missed but here is a little update regarding Freedom of the Seas.

They have FINALLY updated the RCCL homepage under Freedom Class Ships to include the new Features and corrected the "Beam" of the Ship to be 184' instead of the 126' that it said for months now. At 126' that would be narrower than Voyager Class, and we all knew that was wrong. Also, the sizes of the rooms have been changed slightly. If you will notice the Deluxe oceanview stateroom is 177 sq ft (which is the same) but the balcony has been increased to 74 sq ft, and the Superior is 189 sqft, but the balcony is now Smaller than the Deluxe at 68 sqft. If you remember, the sizes of the balconies were quite a bit smaller when the information was first published. Somewhere around 45-55 sqft. This is nice news for those of us booked on balconies. Also the Jr. Suite Balconies are the largest Fleetwide.

All the info on www.freedomoftheseas.com remains unchanged until 10/31 or 11/1. Hope this is enough for now.

This is good news. I hope the information is correct. The balcony at 74 sq ft is much bigger than was previously written. I noticed the balcony in the same category on Adventure is 47 sq ft. I'm hoping they didn't make a typo with the 74. I happened to look at Adventure since I was booked in that category last summer and wanted to compare it in my mind.

I don't think it was a typo. If you remember, at least when we booked, it said the balconies were around 50 sqft. They have just changed it and it seems that the information before was incorrect. Just like it said that the beam of the ship was 126' wide when we knew it was wrong. It would make sense that the balconies were bigger as the ship is around 50' wider than the voyager class. That makes more room for larger balconies and they always said that the balconies would be among the largest at sea. Makes me VERY happy. We are booked in a corner aft, so I am hoping that ours is huge. Maybe I will just have a party on our balcony for anyone here going on our same cruise.

Let's hope so. If they were much smaller, they would need to call them ledges, not balconies. :D Really though, as long as there is room to sit out there and enjoy better sunrises/sunsets than we see here in the Buckeye I'm a happy camper!:)

Archived