European Summer 2018 questions

foofamily

Just posted this in the general boards, but probably better to post here...

too many questions :) .....

Planning ahead for 2018 Summer... I am curious how most feel about the 12 day Mediterranean out of Venice, NCL Spirit. We have cruised 3 other times -Caribbean only. Our kids 2nd cruise will be the next one...so we will have a 22 yr old, 17 yr old, and 15 yr old. They are all totally into history and I feel would get a lot out of a trip like this.

We are looking at flying in 2 days pre-cruise, and probably a night on the end. Researching Airbnb for these nights...is this the way to do this?

This next cruise will also need to be on NCL as we've already put $500 down while on board last year.

Also, at what point will NCL add the rest of 2018 schedules?

It makes sense to also look into a double and triple room for your stays as well

For short stays I find the apt thing to be more of a hassle as you don't always get stuff like fresh towels plus you need to arrange to get the key etc

5 days or more and we do apts and love it. Your kids are old enough to stay alone so price out 2 rooms

IMHO the longer the better when in Europe

We did 3 days Rome plus 12 day cruise in 2008

Wasn't enough so in 2012

We did 5 days Rome plus 12 day cruise plus 2 days Barcelona and wished we had added Paris or since we flew aerlingus a 2 day stopover in Dublin

Our 4 kids are total travelaholics and my 20 yo is studying this summer in Rome and recently back from study abroad in Poland (auschwitz religion class on the holocaust). My 22 yo recently back from Germany and Denmark ...list travel list go on and on. Love travel

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

Just posted this in the general boards, but probably better to post here...

too many questions :) .....

Planning ahead for 2018 Summer... I am curious how most feel about the 12 day Mediterranean out of Venice, NCL Spirit. We have cruised 3 other times -Caribbean only. Our kids 2nd cruise will be the next one...so we will have a 22 yr old, 17 yr old, and 15 yr old. They are all totally into history and I feel would get a lot out of a trip like this.

We are looking at flying in 2 days pre-cruise, and probably a night on the end. Researching Airbnb for these nights...is this the way to do this?

This next cruise will also need to be on NCL as we've already put $500 down while on board last year.

Also, at what point will NCL add the rest of 2018 schedules?

Hi

Not sure what the schedule will be but you may need to do a rethink based upon this 2017 schedule

There is only one 12 night out of Venice and that is in April.

For the summer 2017 NCL Spirit seems to be home ported in Rome on alternating 10 night western and 11 night eastern med cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to this cruise on the Spirit with our teens and we loved it!

We were happy to decided to add days before and after the cruise. We flew thru Rome and stay there 3 more days and after that we took a rapid train to Venise. The 4 days there were jammed pack with goodies. What a wonderful city. I would have cry to only have one day at Rome as Civitavecchia is over 1 hour from Rome both way.

At the end of the cruise, we stayed 6 more days in Barcelona and it was too long. We could have stayed 4 days and it would have been long enough.

I'm sure your family would love it, book it!

Norwegian Cruise Line is always looking to offer our guests new cruises and new experiences. And now, summer 2017 will see the stylish Norwegian Spirit sailing from a new Mediterranean homeport, Civitavecchia, the port of Rome. Recommend your customers to set sail from the Eternal City on leisurely 10- and 11-night cruises that have got the Med covered.

Mix it up with calls at classic cities and smaller ports like Cagliari on Sardinia, Valletta in Malta, Majorca's elegant capital, Palma, and historic Koper in Slovenia. Or join one of three cruises calling at Haifa, where an overnight stay lets you explore the timeless treasures of the Holy Land. Discover all the possibilities here.

New cruises on sale from 15 July - don't miss out.