Port or Starboard?

bigscrb15

I am going on the Western Caribbean 7/30/06 sailing on Mariner OTS. My question is, should I get a port or starboard balcony? I would like to know which has the best view in and out of ports. It will be going to Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel in that order. I would like to see the lights of Montego Bay from our balcony. Thank You.

Cruise ships switch the way they dock all the time. It depends on the space they are alloted, the tides, and sometimes which way the Captain prefers to park. I usually choose port side. I just like port side cabins and it is the left side of the ship. It doesn't mean you will face the ports, but we seem to tend to, more often than not. Haven't been on your particular itinerary on an RC ship lately. Maybe someone else can provide a recent opinion.

Never had a port cabin, only starboard on RCI, on every cruise we have been docked starboard side even upon embarkation.

Labadee is a tender and I have never seen the ship back into the bay so port you will look out to sea but can see the Royal Caribbean portion of the island, starboard you look at Hatti mountains but not out to sea.

Grand Cayman is also a tender. Ship has always been facing Grand Cayman. So either side you can see the island and out to sea.

Might depend on what ship arrives first to a certain port?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Didn't even catch that Fitz. Montego Bay is hours away from Ocho Rios. Good Luck with the light thing in Montego Bay from Ocho Rios!:)

I think they meant that they wanted to see the lights of Montego Bay from the ship as they sail by on the way to Grand Cayman. I am just not sure how close to the shore the ship is as it sails by.

Labadee - better view from Starboard.

Ocho Rios - likely to dock Starboard.

Yes you will see the lights of Montego Bay as you sail away. We departed 5pm, Mobay was seen about 10pm on the Port Side.

Grand Cayman - anchored, lights of island on Starboard side on approach.

Hopefully you will still be going to Cozumel, which could be either side for docking, if they rebuild the piers as they were. Lights of island on starsboard side on approach, lights of Cancun on port side on departure.

Archived