new ship-when price increase?

kadeycat

We are looking at a cruise on Norwegian Pride of Hawaii next October. We have been checking the NCL site for pricing. I have just started to see the ship listed on Travelocity, etc. The prices are lower at this time than Pride of Aloha and Pride of America for the same week. I am assuming (we've never tried a new ship) that as soon as the ship begins to get publicity (pictures-news stories) that the price will dramatically increase. My question is , about how long from the inaugaral (sp?) sailing does the price rise? How long can we wait to book and still get a reasonable price? We want to book a guarantee since the last time we tried NCL, we got a nice little upgrade (Deck 2 to Deck 7). There are no guarantee cabins online so I called and asked for if they are available. They said they are not taking reservations for guarantee. How far out do they start taking guarantee's?

Thanks for any help. Anyone who has tried a new ship?

Prices will start increasing as soon as people see it is available. Usually, school holidays will have higher prices all the time. As for Gyts it depends on sales, if selling well then they will not need to do gtys so none will be offered. On a new ship they usually, do not need gtys for the first sailing or two because people like new ships. Look at Freedom of the Seas.

I though that by October(4 1/2 months after first sailing) there might be some guarantees. We may just get our deposit in by picking a room and call back occasionally to check if they have any guarantee rooms. I got my last Latitudes magazine but no specials for that ship yet. The only reason we considered this ship was because of the overnight stays on 2 islands. It also has 2 separate days in on the big island. We can combine the cruise with 3-4 nights in Oahu and have one grand vacation!

Archived