Latitudes Question and Children

js

Hi.

My ds turned 18 in May and we are cruising next month.

I thought once a child turns 18, they retain the status of their parents.

I called NCL and the woman on the phone informed me that is incorrect and

people only begin to earn points once they reach 18.

Is above correct? Maybe I'm getting confused with Royal, which I believe he has my status.

Thank you.

When will I be enrolled in Latitudes Rewards?

We enroll all guests who have cruised with us and who are at least 18 years of age in our Latitudes Rewards program within 48 hours after your cruise is completed. No action is required on your part and your membership and rewards in this exclusive program are automatic. Cruises taken as a minor will be credited to the guest on their first cruise taken after they turn 18 years of age.

When will I be enrolled in Latitudes Rewards?

We enroll all guests who have cruised with us and who are at least 18 years of age in our Latitudes Rewards program within 48 hours after your cruise is completed. No action is required on your part and your membership and rewards in this exclusive program are automatic. Cruises taken as a minor will be credited to the guest on their first cruise taken after they turn 18 years of age.

Thank you for this information.

The rep didn't mention the last sentence. So, is it correct, that cruises I have taken with my son from 1-17 will be credited to him after he completes our August cruise?

Thank you.

You're welcome. If all happens as planned, he should indeed get all the credit after your August cruise.

Forgot to add, once you get your e-Docs, he should have a latitudes number already assigned. If not, call NCL and ensure that he's enrolled under his own account.

Edited by GrabMyWrist

You're welcome. If all happens as planned, he should indeed get all the credit after your August cruise.

Thank you.

All the credit from cruises as a minor? Correct?

The rep seemed to sound so knowledgeable. I don't understand why

she told me this information was incorrect??

Thank you.

I took a screen shot and also saved it so hopefully he will be Platinum after this cruise :)

Forgot to add, once you get your e-Docs, he should have a latitudes number already assigned. If not, call NCL and ensure that he's enrolled under his own account.

My edocs do not have his Latitudes number and that is why I started the call in the first place. Are you saying that even though he hasn't completed a cruise since he was 18, he should still have a number. I can tell you I thought he use to have a number but I can be getting confused with Royal. I thought he would get his Latitudes number after next month's cruise?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me out!

Can you maybe check back in after the sailing and let us all know if it worked? Thanks!

Absolutely!

I'll be planning my Getaway cruise after I come back next month :)

My edocs do not have his Latitudes number and that is why I started the call in the first place. Are you saying that even though he hasn't completed a cruise since he was 18, he should still have a number. I can tell you I thought he use to have a number but I can be getting confused with Royal. I thought he would get his Latitudes number after next month's cruise?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me out!

After re-reading the info, it appears they will establish his account once he has sailed after turning 18. At which time, all his previous cruises will be posted on his account. I read too fast and spoke too soon. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by GrabMyWrist

After re-reading the info, it appears they will establish his account once he has sailed after turning 18. At which time, all his previous cruises will be posted on his account. I read too fast and spoke too soon. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries, you really put my mind at ease and helped me out.

Thank you very much!

My son will be cruising with me for the first time since he was 14. He has a latitudes number on my account summary and he is listed as Golden. After this cruise in September he will be platinum. I was actually surprised that all of his past cruise info was in order.

My son will be cruising with me for the first time since he was 14. He has a latitudes number on my account summary and he is listed as Golden. After this cruise in September he will be platinum. I was actually surprised that all of his past cruise info was in order.

I hope Im as lucky as you were. Enjoy your cruise!

My son is 13 and got his own Latitudes number when our first cruise was booked with an NCL PCC. I would be wary that everthing will be credited after he turns 18 if he hasn't had his own Latitudes number associated with past bookings.

Thank you all so much!

I looked back from my ds's last NCL cruise and it was in 2014 and he did have a Latitudes number. I am going to call them now. It shouldn't be this difficult and the rep should most def. know passengers turning 18 should be credited.

Thanks. I'll report back.

I've been on the phone for 21 minutes so far (still on). I have a really nice guy on but he is telling me that you begin to get Latitudes benefits when you turn 21. I did recite the actual Terms and Conditions from their website, which states 18 and he had to put me on hold. He just came back and said his supervisor said it is 21. I again told him to please have her look on their website. I also gave my ds Reward Number from our last cruise. He looked it up and saw my ds was connected to that number (although the lady yesterday said it wasn't the case?).

I am not sure if I should just take whatever they say and say thanks and wait until after our cruise to see if all just shows up or make sure all is good. He has said a few times you can't book a cabin unless 21, drink, etc. I informed them that is not at all the reason I am calling. I am simply making sure about my ds past Latitudes points showing up on his account once he turns 18 (which he has but after this next cruise in August).

My main reason why I called yesterday was that I noted my ds Latitudes number wasn't showing on our edocs and wasn't prepared for all this misunderstandings??!!

I'll be back.

Edited by js

They said that cruises taken from 1-17 do not count.

Now the supervisor wants to call me back. She has a call into Latitudes rewards?

They said I cannot call Latitudes Rewards myself. Oh my. This has been two

reps and a supervisor that are not giving out correct information.

JS I have a feeling that some of the NCL reps are about as knowledgeable as some of the Disney phone reps and by your icon I am sure you know what I mean. I have had one Disney rep adamantly tell me something could not be done a certain way and has never been done that way (after having done it the previous trip) the I call back right away and having that next rep take care of it in less then 2 min the way it was done the previous trip.

According the NCL website to contact Latitudes CS Call 866-234-0292

JS I have a feeling that some of the NCL reps are about as knowledgeable as some of the Disney phone reps and by your icon I am sure you know what I mean. I have had one Disney rep adamantly tell me something could not be done a certain way and has never been done that way (after having done it the previous trip) the I call back right away and having that next rep take care of it in less then 2 min the way it was done the previous trip.

According the NCL website to contact Latitudes CS Call 866-234-0292

LOL, thank you. Yes, I thought the same thing...NCL vs Disney LOL

The Latitudes number is the actual NCL number. I know since I called above number from the Latitudes section of the website.

It took me two phone calls for a very long time on the calls and a supervisor to call me back to verify all good.

Thank you very much! :)

My son is 13 and got his own Latitudes number when our first cruise was booked with an NCL PCC. I would be wary that everthing will be credited after he turns 18 if he hasn't had his own Latitudes number associated with past bookings.

Thank you. Your post made me recall again today, and got my responses above. The rep did see my ds Latitudes number although it didnt print on my edocs. He saw all ours, including my ds, which he repeated the numbers. My Costco invoice had my ds Lat number so I really was confused.

Ill wait until we sail and report back. Hopefully with happy news.

• 4 weeks later...
The part that worries me about all this is NCL is now saying that all past cruises have to be claimed within one year of sailing. So what happens if they turn 18 and they all don't credit?

My concern also. My granddaughter is only 12, one NCL cruise in 2014 and going on 1 next month where we have double points. It would be a shame if they and future cruises do not count when she turns 18 :(

The booking confirmation for the upcoming cruise shows the same "Latitude" number as her first cruise, but the edocs show "N/A", like OP stated :(