TrentS, How bad is the damage to hotels

The Cruisers

I just tried to book a room at Amerisuites for January through ValueTrips...here's the reply to my e-mail. I guess anyone planning to stay there before November 22 should make alternate plans just in case.

Thank you for your hotel reservation request for the AmeriSuites Fort Lauderdale 17th St.

At this time, the hotel is closed due to loss of power and utilities from hurricane Wilma and cannot book any reservations.

We will process your reservation request as soon as the hotel re-opens.

If you no longer want your reservation request processed due to the delay, please reply to this e-mail with your instructions.

Otherwise, we will forward a reply by e-mail as soon as your request is processed.

The hotel now estimates that power could be out until as long as November 22, although it may be restored at any time.

Does anyone know which hotels are open in the Fort Lauderdale area?

We are booked at both of these hotels in the next couple of weeks and I have personally spoken with each hotel desk and they are up and running. A fellow cruiser said the Extended StayAmerica was fully booked for this weekend, don't know anything beyond that.

Good luck in your search.

We are writing regarding your ParkSleepFly reservation for your cruise. Unfortunately, due to Hurricane Wilma, La Quinta Inn and Suites in Hollywood has sustained substantial damage to their property. At this time, the hotel is closed and all reservations have been canceled for the remainder of the year.

Anyone know about this hotel? As of two days ago, they still couldn't guarantee a room and can't get ahold of anyone at the hotel. However, they are docking me one nights stay b/c I am cancelling and their cancellation freebies only go until today! Anyway, I got a guarantee of a room in Coral Gables, so I'm going with that one b/c I don't really want to sleep on the street if the hotel is open.... I prefer a mattress!!! LOL still trying to get them to waive that penalty though.... corporate can't do it, and i haven't been able to get hold of anyone there!!!! I accidently clicked on the wrong one and didn't mean to get the uncancellable reservation.... my bad. If I have to eat it, I have to eat it, but I wanted to see if the hotel was closed.... and i wanted to know if i was gonna get penalized b/c they will be charging my card when i'm out in the middle of the carribean!!! LOL

Holiday Express Airport/Cruiseport:

Just sent me this:

We are closed due to no power. Guest Relations is trying to contact everyone.

@#$%%!!

Try the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street. It's closer to the airport and just outside the entrance to the port. It's open and in a MUCH nicer location... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America, next door to Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street is also open and also a very nice budget hotel... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Value Trips emailed me today:

"This e-mail is to notify you that the AmeriSuites Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street has lost power due to hurricane Wilma and is currently closed...."

I, of course, knew that ... hoping they'll be back up and running by 11/11.

Anyone know about this hotel? As of two days ago, they still couldn't guarantee a room and can't get ahold of anyone at the hotel. However, they are docking me one nights stay b/c I am cancelling and their cancellation freebies only go until today! Anyway, I got a guarantee of a room in Coral Gables, so I'm going with that one b/c I don't really want to sleep on the street if the hotel is open.... I prefer a mattress!!! LOL still trying to get them to waive that penalty though.... corporate can't do it, and i haven't been able to get hold of anyone there!!!! I accidently clicked on the wrong one and didn't mean to get the uncancellable reservation.... my bad. If I have to eat it, I have to eat it, but I wanted to see if the hotel was closed.... and i wanted to know if i was gonna get penalized b/c they will be charging my card when i'm out in the middle of the carribean!!! LOL

Have you called holiday inns hurricane help line? We are staying there in dec. and haven't heard anything, but I have a few weeks. I did find this part of thier website, maybe they can give you more info. it gives info for wilma too. http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/c/2/content/dec/teaser/6c/1/en/lp/katrina.html

Try the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street. It's closer to the airport and just outside the entrance to the port. It's open and in a MUCH nicer location... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Reply: There are no rooms available for the requested rate that meet your travel requirements.

No luck yet for:

Extended Stay America, next door to Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street is also open and also a very nice budget hotel... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Extended Stay Hotels:

We're sorry there is no availability in your selected area.

Still trying... thanks for heads up

Have you called holiday inns hurricane help line? We are staying there in dec. and haven't heard anything, but I have a few weeks. I did find this part of thier website, maybe they can give you more info. it gives info for wilma too. http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/c/2/content/dec/teaser/6c/1/en/lp/katrina.html

That's what I was told when I called guest relations, they don't know anything beyond that, and if you are booked after that Oct. 31 date, they won't waive the penalty -- even though they can't guarantee the room. I asked to speak to a higher level supervisor 4 times, basically the best answer I was given is that she would note the account and attempt to negotiate the penalty for me when the hotel was able to answer the phone..... so we'll see!!!

Archived