Chai Latte on Carnival Fantisy :-( + My secret TIP

Presentation

Just sharing our personal experience...

We purchased a Chai Latte onboard the Canival Fantisy at their coffee shop. It was not to our taste. It had a tea bag in it.

The Carnival worker did say it was a real Chi Latte. To me, it tasted like regular tea with some milk. Perhaps that is what real Chi Latte is, but that's not what we have received from Starbucks and not what we wanted.

We enjoy Chai Latte from Starucks, our Keurig K-cup machine at home and most coffee places in North America.

The employee was friendly and did give us a refund. :)

My TIP: If you like American style Chi Latte like you get at Starbucks you may want to bring some k-cus form home and make your own with the hot water at the lido Buffett.

Here is a video I made of our cruise. Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE] Edited by Presentation

Maybe what you got was a chai tea.....it's very different from chai latte. My husband found this out to his dismay!

Sometimes when you order, the worker doesn't understand what you ask for, or they are not paying attention and assume you mean tea. Who knows?

Maybe what you got was a chai tea.....it's very different from chai latte. My husband found this out to his dismay!

Sometimes when you order, the worker doesn't understand what you ask for, or they are not paying attention and assume you mean tea. Who knows?

Thank you. It's reassuring to know we were not the only one.

PS: the video player above is not working for me. Here is a direct link

♦️♦️♦️Click here to see Cruise video --->

Edited by Presentation

Carnival uses Chai tea bags that have all the spices in them (cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, black tea etc.), then they add steamed milk. It's not as strong as starbucks but it's passable. I let it steep for a long time before I drink it.

You add your own sugar as desired.

The tea bags are the same brand as Starbucks uses but it doesn't come out as good as the liquid that they use. I buy the liquid here at home and make my own.

The chai tea latte that they have on the ship is really not the same as Starbucks in taste. You can't get the tea bags to taste as good as the concentrate. Too bad because I love my chai tea latte.

tigercat