Getaway - New Zippy internet yet?

Annmeat

Hello:

Has the new, upgraded internet been implemented on Getaway? Just wondering if any recent cruisers on Getaway have any details or experience to share.

Thanks

Have a great weekend

Ann M.

Just a wild guess on my part, the technology existed for a while - RCI has it, CCL has something too - both are faster & better, less expensive than what NCL charges now for slower services.

Timing has been proudly pronounced. Perhaps, it's a money or cash-flow problem with the vendor in deployment. Folks on the Escape & even the Dawn are reporting NOTHING with upgraded speed.

With all the news happening, you would think that fireworks will be going off at MIA's NCL HQ announcing its inaugural kickoff, complete with live chats.

While I'm at trying to maintain a sense of humor - let me ask another questions since the calendar is July ... what happened to the new fleetwide dining menu. :rolleyes:

Hello, hello, hellooooooo - is purchasing & provisioning on vacation ?? I understood that they are having some issues with accounts payable, minor ones. :p

Breakaway's paid WiFi connectivity is the best, I can attest to that, personally. Priced the same as others, more or less but it is not time-based, rather based on MB data used. Best bangs (pings) for the bucks - lucky for those with the free deals. Go sail her instead - fire sale going on, again ... for this summer, forget 2017 or 2018.

We were on The Getaway from 7/10-17. I did not have the package as I'm on vacation. Our friends had it. They commented daily about asking for a refund (wished they would have just to see how NCL would have handled it). It almost never worked. It did work very early or very late and it wasn't great then. Do not get it unless you are a very early riser or late night owl.