Grand Hawaiian Ambassadors

sterling2

Aloha,

We just received our remaining assignments for 2016-17 and we have been confirmed for this cruise (1/4/17). We are looking forward to seeing everyone there and sharing the aloha with our guests.

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

http://www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

Also would like to know that for the Star Princess in Feb. 2017. Thanks

Earlier today Dave from Elua posted their schedule showing they'll be on the Star to Hawaii through the end of 2017. Elua will be on your cruise & also on mine sailing on the Star in early 2017. :D

Click on the Elua Facebook link (don't need to sign in) to see their complete 2016/2017 Hawaii schedule on the Star sailing from LA.

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know who will be the Hawaiian ambassadors on the Grand in February 2017? Thanks for any info.

What are Hawaiian Ambassadors? And what is it that they do on Hawaiian cruises?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

What are Hawaiian Ambassadors? And what is it that they do on Hawaiian cruises?

They're performers who lead the Aloha Spirit programs on Hawaii cruises roundtrip from the West Coast such as the husband & wife duo Elua.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/hawaii-cruises/things-to-do/

IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ALL THINGS HAWAII

Our exclusive "Aloha Spirit" program brings the sights and sounds of Hawaii to life on board with a wide variety of island-infused entertainment and enrichment programs, including:

Hawaiian Ambassadors on board every sailing

Lei-making workshops

Ukulele playing, and Hula dance lessons

Polynesian language classes

A special Grand Hawaiian Farewell Luau, where guests show off their new Hawaii-inspired talents

The Halau Hula Olana Folkloric Show — a Princess guest favorite

Hawaiian musicians, naturalists, and entertainers

The historic King Kamehameha Festival celebrated on board, as part of our Festivals of the World program

Edited by Astro Flyer

They're performers who lead the Aloha Spirit programs on Hawaii cruises roundtrip from the West Coast such as the husband & wife duo Elua.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/hawaii-cruises/things-to-do/

IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ALL THINGS HAWAII

Our exclusive "Aloha Spirit" program brings the sights and sounds of Hawaii to life on board with a wide variety of island-infused entertainment and enrichment programs, including:

Hawaiian Ambassadors on board every sailing

Lei-making workshops

Ukulele playing, and Hula dance lessons

Polynesian language classes

A special Grand Hawaiian Farewell Luau, where guests show off their new Hawaii-inspired talents

The Halau Hula Olana Folkloric Show — a Princess guest favorite

Hawaiian musicians, naturalists, and entertainers

The historic King Kamehameha Festival celebrated on board, as part of our Festivals of the World program

Thanks.

Looking at booking a 15 day Princess Hawaii cruise out of San Francisco for 2017.

So did you enjoy the cruise?

And do they serve authentic Hawaiian style food ie. Local Moco, Saimein with fish cake,, ramen noodle , Kalua Pig, poi, poke, sushi onboard? .

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Thanks.

Looking at booking a 15 day Princess Hawaii cruise out of San Francisco for 2017.

So did you enjoy the cruise?

And do they serve authentic Hawaiian style food ie. Local Moco, Saimein with fish cake,, ramen noodle , Kalua Pig, poi, poke, sushi onboard? .

I've sailed a couple of Hawaiian cruises from LA and going again early next year. Our cruise before they implemented the Aloha Spirit program had very little Hawaiian-style activities. In 2010 we enjoyed the program lead by Elua (Leialoha & Dave) with the activities previously posted.

Their food options are Hawaiian inspired but none of the ones you mentioned and you would have to go to Da Kitchen, L&L and other plate lunch restaurants while in port. Here are examples of their food options but not much that I'd call local-style. ;)

"Delight in slow-roasted Luau pork, delectably marinated Kona shrimp, divine Hawaiian Macadamia-infused desserts and, of course, refreshing Hawaiian-inspired cocktails".

I'll find out in January if any of the food is like what you asked about but it's very doubtful. Maybe someone who sailed more recently can give specific food items but I only remember things like Hawaiian pork which wasn't truly Hawaiian to me. I appreciate that they're attempting to have some Island-style food options & while not authentic I enjoyed them.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Does anyone know who will be the Hawaiian ambassadors on the Grand in February 2017? Thanks for any info.

Aloha Sterling,

I'm pretty certain that the Hawaiian Ambassadors for the Grand this season will be Brian and Rowena Vasquez. You will have a wonderful time with them, and Brian is an incredible ukulele player.

Aloha,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

http://www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

Elua Make your cruise to Hawaii so special. Twice have sailed with them and loved all the amazing things they taught us to do.

Are contemplating another Hawaiian cruise and will make sure Elua will be on it

Makhani E, Kimo & Lokelina will be doing the Grand Princess for their January 9th-24th, 2017 cruise and then to Diamond Princess for the season starting on April 20th to August 4, 2017, as per their email.

The October 29, 2016 Grand Princess Hawaiian Ambassadors are Tui & Maile Letuli. For Grand's November 23rd Hawaiian cruise, Brian and Rowena Vasques will be their Hawaiian Ambassadors. Except for the Jan. 9th cruise, they will do the remainder of the Grand's cruising season as their Hawaiian Ambassadors, as per their Facebook posting.

If anyone is onboard during the late evening in Honolulu, we've enjoyed the Halau Hula Olana Folkloric Show several times.

Talented Hawaiian singers/musicians provide the mele (music) for the keiki (children) who perform Hawaiian dances.