Eastern Carribean in April or May ???

ttonnka3

I'm looking for opinions on the month to go to eastern Carribean out of Miami on the glory ??? April may? Or any other month is good? I don't want a chance of hurricanes or missing ports I don't want to be crazy hot I want it to be perfect and the waters not to cold etc.... TIA

Edited by ttonnka3

April and May are generally good times to go. Hurricanes don't form that early so no real chance of a missed port unless it's due to other reasons. (with the ship or winds or something like that)

As far as the weather, it's pretty much going to be hot any time throughout the year. The weather doesn't change all that much because it's so close to the equator. 85-90 + moderate humidity is the norm. So-called 'rainy season' is May - December and the chance of rain is more likely but nothing more than a glancing shower.

We've gone in May to the Eastern Caribbean and it was hot + humid but it really wasn't too bad, though it's relative. Western Caribbean in May was very hot but overly humid, by comparison.

Edited by lizzyplague

I'm looking for opinions on the month to go to eastern Carribean out of Miami on the glory ??? April may? Or any other month is good? I don't want a chance of hurricanes or missing ports I don't want to be crazy hot I want it to be perfect and the waters not to cold etc.... TIA

We always sail in April ,it's beautiful weather.

Our last four cruises have been in May. One Southern, one Western Carib. and two Eastern. The weather in the Caribbean was about as perfect as you could ask for. In Florida, well, let's just say we were happy to leave the rain behind. :) Our upcoming cruise on the Vista will be in April of next year. We're anticipating good weather for that cruise as well.

Edited by beachbum53

Hurricane season doesn't start until late summer months. Early to mid April you may have lots of families on school vacations, but it tapers off by the end of the month. We have gone in April and it's been on average in the 80's. Some islands you get the trade winds so it balances out. Good luck.

The main difference between April and May might be how crowded the ship is. We've cruised in both April (once) and May (twice), but our April cruise was the most crowded we've ever experienced. Ships will sail full, but in March/April is usually when there are school breaks, so you have more families cruising. The weather is generally the same both months.

Missing ports: that can happen any time of year, and as mentioned, for reasons beyond weather. Tender ports (HMC on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary) tend to be missed more for weather than ports where the ships actually dock, but if the winds are strong enough, those too, can sometimes be missed. Out of seven cruises, we've only missed a port once.