Barcelona -taking wine and spirits on board?

bluenose1966

Hi all,

Never been on a cruise before and understand that we can take one bottle of wine each on board. My husband is a red wine drinker so is delighted. Whereas I am a gin and tonic person (so not quite as delighted.)

However read that at Barcelona there is a shop after security that you can buy wine and spirits. If so I would buy a bottle of gin.

Anyone any experience of this? What does the shop sell?

We are not great drinkers. I may have 2 gin and tonics an evening on board and like the thought of having one on my Havana Cabana balcony of an evening.

Any more than 2-3 Gin and Tonics each evening and I fear I would be leaning over the Promenade deck feeling rather ill.

Will get my 13 year old the bubbles package so he can have his fizzy drinks.

Any advice much appreciated.

Yes there's a shop after security in Barcelona where you can buy Liquor or Wine and bring it right onboard and to your cabin with you

Also in every port you can buy booze or wine and bring it on the ship as well. In Europe they don't have restrictions like they do in the states

I plan on buying a bottle of whiskey and vodka at the Barcelona store for my cabin. My friend already did this plus plenty of reviews I've read no one had any issues at all

Bringing a bottle of wine on board at the start of the cruise is solid, we did just that on the July 9 sailing.

I saw at least one bottle of spirits being confiscated at security when boarding the ship in Crete. I wouldn't bank on being able to bring a bottle of Gin on board at the beginning of the cruise. Although as others have stated, enforcement of this policy seems less consistent at European ports.

Bringing a bottle of wine on board at the start of the cruise is solid, we did just that on the July 9 sailing.

I saw at least one bottle of spirits being confiscated at security when boarding the ship in Crete. I wouldn't bank on being able to bring a bottle of Gin on board at the beginning of the cruise. Although as others have stated, enforcement of this policy seems less consistent at European ports.

Thanks! maybe I should not risk it. I was hoping that as we would have already been through security at Barcelona before buying in the shop we wouldn't get scanned again.