Chops/Portofinos vs. Main Dining room

FCOWHER

On the Serenade 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise what is/are the best night or nights to eat in the speciality restaurants. What I mean is there one or two nights that I wont mind missing eating in the dining room. Thanks for your help, Joe V.

Serenade of the Seas 1/7/2006

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

Princess 3 times

QE2 1 time

RCI 2 times Song of America and Monarch of the Seas

Carnival 1 time

Royal Majesty 1 time

Thanks for the quick replies. It looks like we will be going to Chops or Portofinos on Caribbean night. Now to decide on which speciality restaurant. Besides menu are there any major differences in the two? Such as service or views or just any other factors that would help us decide where to dine on Caribbean night? Thanks again, Joe V.

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

Princess 3 times

QE2 1 time

Carnival 1 time

Royal Majesty 1 time

Which night is which theme? I've looked a lot of places, but I'm having a hard time finding out which nights are which dress code, which nights are themes, etc. on Serenade of the Seas' Southern Caribbean route. I would be ever so grateful if someone had that info!

Thanks for the quick replies. It looks like we will be going to Chops or Portofinos on Caribbean night. Now to decide on which speciality restaurant. Besides menu are there any major differences in the two? Such as service or views or just any other factors that would help us decide where to dine on Caribbean night? Thanks again, Joe V.

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

Princess 3 times

QE2 1 time

Carnival 1 time

Royal Majesty 1 time

Reststs. are similar - as are the views - only main difference is the food - Chops is mainly a steakhouse and Portofino is mainly Italian food - Have ordered the odd dessert from one while dining in the other. Both are great - wld recommend either or better yet - both!!..

Happy cruisin'!

Hi Joe, we only ate in Portofino's, so afraid can not comment on Chops, but I think they are both as good as one another. We had a great time, the food was very good, very attentive service and a romantic atmosphere. We went on Caribbean night as well. Takes longer than the dining room, but is well worth it. Wish you a wonderful cruise.

Tessa:)

ilgander, by your countdown clock it appears that we are going on the same cruise on the Serenade. If you are on the 1/7/06 sailing please join our M & M roll call, "More Sauce" Serenade of the Seas 1/7/06. We are getting close to having a free Meet and Mingle party on RCI and we would love to meet you over on our thread. Joe V.

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

Princess 3 times

QE2 1 time

Carnival 1 time

Royal Majesty 1 time

Here's a link to the roll call for the 1/7 sailing http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5005516#post5005516

Join us :D

Joe, it seems we might actually do one of the restaurants again- it's up to Cory, and he even gets to pick. We'll probably go Caribbean night, again. Still our least favorite menu. But that's up to Cory, too, so who knows. All I can tell you for sure is that it won't be lobster night! :D

Jodi

Jodi, thanks for posting the link. Do you have any idea which night is Caribbean night and if you can make Chops/Portofino reservations before you get on board. Joe V.

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

Princess 3 times

QE2 1 time

Carnival 1 time

Royal Majesty 1 time

I loved both Chops and Portofino's. If you are a big meat eater, then Chops is for you. I prefered Portofino's over Chops. I enjoyed the way each course was brought out. You can still get filet in Portifino's. I liked my filet better in Portifino's than Chops. You can look at each menu before you decide.

Archived