Spa option on CP?

lahoban

I read in a review that you can pay for the spa option. Does anyone know what that includes and what the cost is? When we went on Carnival last year we could use the steam room, sauna and showers for free. I would just like to know the charges before we go. Thanks

You might want to specify which ship you mean by "CP".

The real CP is the Sea Princess, but there are other pretenders. :)

The full list of two-letter designators is here (amongst other places), except that Royal Princess has now been removed from the princess website and Crown Princess will be KP.

Based on our Oct 8 Caribbean Princess cruise, I can tell you:

Thermal Suite -a private area off the spa waiting room containing heated tile beds/aromatherapy room/ 2 different steam rooms/2 'rainforest' showers IS an additional cost - $70 per week pp or $109 per week for couples. Supposedly they only sell 45 passes per week. Not sure if access is included for 1 day with purchase of spa service. You get a sticker on your card and when you check-in at Spa Desk you get a locker key. Locker in spa change room has robe and spa sandals. Towels are available in spa change room plus in thermal suite room.

However, the Men's and Women's spa changing rooms each have a sauna, very hot steam room and regular spa showers. Access to spa changing room says 'Spa Guests only' on door but I never figured out if this meant passengers using a spa service only. I meant to ask and never did. I can say I saw very few people using these facilities through the week (I was in the area each day as we chose the Thermal Suite package mentioned above).

My sense - they are using the 'Spa Guests only' signage and the lack of access to lockers and robes as a way to discourage passengers who did NOT purchase Thermal Suite pass or spa service from using the steam room/sauna/spa showers located in the Spa change room.

It would be interesting to ask the Lotus Spa personnel directly if there is free access to this area for passengers.... I bet they would try to sell you Thermal Suite pass instead (which had great facilities but only worth it if you used them daily in my opinion). Next cruise, if I was not planning on using the thermal suite, I would probably just walk past spa check-in and enter change room to use the facilities located there. I would not have a locker but that would not bother me...

Hope that info helped.

Enjoy your cruise.

LuvTheGoodLife, thank you so much for all the information. I will have to get there early to get the thermal suite pass. Did you see any teen's using the facilities? My teens loved the steam room and the wonderful shower's on Carnival. I would like to get them a pass as well if I can. Thanks

I doubt they truly 'sell out' of Thermal Suite passes. I suspect they told us they only sell 45 passes so we would buy them the 1st day when we did the spa tour. I never saw any teens in this area all week. It was a very quiet/small area - I think 5 heated tile lounge beds, aromatherapy room that would seat 4 or 5 at a time, steam room #1 would seat 4, steam room #2 (cooler steam) would sit maybe 10 and 2 rainforest showers....

Hope that helps.

Archived