Gem pools for non swimmers

mia10010

I have a question regarding the gem main pool with the waterslide. I know that the depth is 5'9" at the end of the pool, but I wanted to know if there is a shallower part that is less than 5 ft. Since this is the pool that most of the older kids use, I am hoping that there is at least some part of the pool to stand in for nonswimmers. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have a question regarding the gem main pool with the waterslide. I know that the depth is 5'9" at the end of the pool, but I wanted to know if there is a shallower part that is less than 5 ft. Since this is the pool that most of the older kids use, I am hoping that there is at least some part of the pool to stand in for nonswimmers. Can anyone confirm this?

If it is like the pools on the Jewel and the Jem, no, there is not anything that is much shallower than that, unless you count the part around the edges that is 2" deep. Neither of my kids could touch the bottom, so I had my little one (nonswimmer) in a puddlejumper.

I am not a swimmer, but love floating around in the pools because I don't sink! The salt in them keeps me afloat. I'm deathly afraid of going under water, but the cruise ship pools I love! I don't recall there being a shallow area to stand in unless you are on the apron area where the water slops back and forth with the motion of the ship.

The Aft pool on the Gem has a shallow end (4 foot 11 inches).

I did not know there was an aft pool on the gem. I thought there were the two main pools by the bandstand and a toddler pool. Is this aft pool in the adults only section?

I did not know there was an aft pool on the gem. I thought there were the two main pools by the bandstand and a toddler pool. Is this aft pool in the adults only section?

Pretty sure the poster you are quoting means the aft-most of the two pools. There is no "aft" pool on the Jewel class ships.

I am 5'2" and was on the gem last week. I used the kids pool because I had my 8 year old daughter with me. When you enter the pool using the stairs that would be on your right (when you are facing the pool) you can definetly stand there and also- even the side that said 5'9"/ I was able to stand, the pool is not filled up all the way..