Interesting video

sadiecat

I was surfing you tube today and came across a review this lady did on the Ecstasy. One of the things she was not happy about was the long time it took in the MDR for dinner. She went to guest services to complain and was told that the Ecstasy is a training ship. Once the people are trained then they are assigned to other ships in the fleet. Has anyone else ever been told this?

I just got off the Ecstasy today and had SUCH better service than I had on the Valor the week before.

Waiters in bars called us by name, as did the server we had for the Sea Day brunch. She remembered our names 2 days later and also remembered what we ordered.

Our steward wasn't very friendly but that can happen. He did his job.

The ship was clean and well maintained.

I was worried before I boarded, but was been one of my best cruises ever.

Never heard that but makes sense. In a sense it could be a better ship. Newer people working harder and more enthusiastic and excited to be there before the end of their contracts?

On the Liberty MDR service was slower too compared to the freedom and triumph. The patience is well worth it though because the food in MDR is better than buffet any day in my opinion!

sadiecat, I echo what zabaco posted. I'm currently doing a trip review of my June cruise on the Ecstasy. I think I'm being fair in pointing out things that weren't perfect. But overall, it's a very positive review because I really had that good of a time.

My head waiter has been with Carnival for 26 years! Maybe he is training his assistant waiters; but in our section and through out the 1/2 of the YTD Wind Star Dining Room I could see - everyone had excellent service. I say that because there were people that left before us and most of the rest having dessert as we were leaving; so not far behind.

Our average dining time was 1.5 hrs - which is pretty good for YTD.

Edited by CruzinScotty