Technotel

tgnorton

Hi,

We are booked on Carnival Triumph on July 23 and have booked AutoProgresso Technotel for the Progresso port.

Is the beach sandy or rocky? Do we need to bring water shoes or will flip flops work?

Thanks!:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Beach was sandy - no need for water shoes. It was pretty crowded the day we were there.

Crowded, as in you can not find a chaise? I am mobility challenged and will need a walker. I can walk short distances with assistance. Will I have far to walk? And, will I have a place sit? Are umbrellas provided?

TIA for your response.

Hi

you can find chairs, etc on beach but may have a walk. It's quite a walk to get down to the first chairs. There are some tables with chairs in the beach bar area which may work for you.

The pool area was very crowded as well, but also may work for you. I'm sending the only picture I took that day - that shows the pool area.

There were at least 4-5 bus loads of people there at the same time.

techno.jpg.93aa461bb97c495bd8de702a2577de40.jpg

• 2 months later...
Anymore info or pictures on Technotel? Interested in going in December. I would love to hear more.

I've been to Technotel twice and am looking for all the pictures I took. I would go there again if I'm back in Progreso. The Autoprogreso bus will drop you off in the front of the hotel and you walk back to the beach area. There is a pool and a buffet with nachos, tacos, etc. I think it was near the pool. As you walk past there may be vendors set up but they stay in that area and don't come on to the beach. The bar is past the vendors toward the beach. The has been a mariachi band there both times around the pool and on the beach. It was crowded one time we went and the other it was less crowded.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been to Technotel twice and am looking for all the pictures I took. I would go there again if I'm back in Progreso. The Autoprogreso bus will drop you off in the front of the hotel and you walk back to the beach area. There is a pool and a buffet with nachos, tacos, etc. I think it was near the pool. As you walk past there may be vendors set up but they stay in that area and don't come on to the beach. The bar is past the vendors toward the beach. The has been a mariachi band there both times around the pool and on the beach. It was crowded one time we went and the other it was less crowded.

Great info. I think I'll give it a try. I'm looking for somewhere with a pool and not just a beach. Any new info/pictures post please.

• 1 month later...

We went to Technotel this past summer and enjoyed it. Not many chairs and umbrellas on the beach though. I get sunburned super easy so I need to stay in the shade as much as possible. We found a shady spot at the pool and were waited on by an awesome waiter whose name I forget. It was a nice relaxing day.