where can I buy jewelery?

campr70

I'm going to the Western Caribbean (Ocho Rios, George Town and Cozumel):) and I was wanting to buy a nice ring. I've convinced my husband that a cruise to celebrate our 10th anniversary isn't enough. Does anyone know where the best stop or shop to buy quality jewelery is? thanks,

Depending on when your cruise is, Couzmel may be out due to serious huricane damage. My wife got some good jewelry in Ocho Rios not to far from the pier. You could barter on the price. Our favourite port for jewelry is st. Maarten. Thats on the eastern itn.

Cozumel would be my first choice.... but as previous poster said it may not be an option for a while.

We actually had the manager of a store following us out and onto the dock yelling out a lower price with each step he took..... felt bad but liked a ring on the ship better so did not buy from him. Grand Cayman has beautiful stuff but not so good in the bargaining dept. Have been to Ocho Rios but was not in the jewelry mode at that time so can't say.

Cozumel would be my first choice.... but as previous poster said it may not be an option for a while.

We actually had the manager of a store following us out and onto the dock yelling out a lower price with each step he took..... felt bad but liked a ring on the ship better so did not buy from him. Grand Cayman has beautiful stuff but not so good in the bargaining dept. Have been to Ocho Rios but was not in the jewelry mode at that time so can't say.

I personally prefer Ocho Rios for jewellry.

Nice little store in the Taj Mahal (walking distance from pier). Name of store is Gem Palace. Ask to see Uncle Gary and he and his staff will take good care of you.

Enjoy your cruise.

Nice little store in the Taj Mahal (walking distance from pier). Name of store is Gem Palace. Ask to see Uncle Gary and he and his staff will take good care of you.

Enjoy your cruise.

I would not think of Cozumel for anything but Sterling Silver and Turquoise as far as Jewelry is concerned.

There are a couple of places in Ocho Rios - The place in Taj Mahal and Sonjis Plaza are two that come to mind. There are also a couple of nice places in Grand Cayman - my wfe baougt a beautiful Ammolite piece there a couple of years ago - forget the name but it is is very near the pier and near a place that offers samples of rum cake.

First choice is Kay's the location in town not at the pier on St. Maarten.. Ask for Sammy and tell him Debbie from Colorado sent you. Be prepared to deal. Have purchased several pieces from him.

Next choice would be Ocho Rios.

Have also purchased in Cozumel but later wished I'd waited for Ocho Rios or until the eastern cruise for St. Maarten.

Enjoy your cruise.

I agree with this one. I too purchased from them and was happy with my purchase.

Guest cruzr44

I have also bought in Ocho Rios, Cozumel and GC. There are good buys at all stops. If you fall in love with a piece at your first stop and get a good price buy it because chances are you won't find it at the next stop.

Archived