Just off the Pride

katcas

Hi!

Just off Carnival Pride! Great time, traveled with my husband and 3 sons, ages 21, 19 and 18. Also traveled with our friends with two boys, 20 and 18. It is my third Carnival cruise. Any questions, let me know!

You may be sorry you posted this...my son and I are on the Pride 27NOV on our first Carnival cruise, so I have tons of questions.

Did you embark and debark on time? I understand there have been issues with that lately.

Did you have FTTF?

What deck did you stay on? We are in cabin 8207, would love to hear from someone who has stayed in/near that cabin.

Was the water slide working?

I am sure I have more questions, but that is a start.

Thank you so much!

No problem answering any questions. We did embark and disembark on time.

We were on deck 6 so I can't help you with that and we did not do FTTF. We were in line to unload luggage around 12:15 and were on board by 1:30. Lines were a bit lone but we didn't care as we were excited about the cruise!

These water slide had some issues on the first day but was working after that, the kids loved it!

Did your itinerary include HMC? We will have a stop there but will not have FTTF either, so I wonder what the tender situation is like--long lines?

(FWIW, we were on HMC a few years ago, but it was a cloudy day with some rain, so most folks stayed on board and we had no problem tendering when we wanted.)

You can get in line at 8:30 to get a tender number, by 9 there was a long line. We were not in a rush so we waited until there was no line. We were on the 10:30 tender. There were plenty of chairs, if you want a clamshell chair, get there early. We found a shadey place in front of one of the Cabana rentals as it was really hot. Not a lot of shade though. However, we spent most of the day in the water. Have never seen such beautifully clear water in my life. We took the 3:00 tender back which seemed to take forever to get off as there was only one person checking sign and sale cards. It was a great day though!

we have sailed out of baltimore many times and on the pride. i recently saw that they have made some changes in the port of baltimore regarding boarding. we are leaving on a cruise in september and was wondering how the new boarding procedures are going.

I understand that you now are assigned times for check in. can you fill us in a little on how organized this was and are they really not letting people in for check in until their assigned times. thank you!!!

I guess ours was the first time they did the assigned check-in. We were driving from Mass so we picked 12-30 -1-30. It seemed no one really seemed to look at our check in time but were were there after the 12:30 time. It is better to pick an earlier time because if you get there later, you can still check in. Not sure what would happen if you got there before your check in.

When we got there, they form 3 lines of cars. We were in the middle lane and our friends were ahead of us in the left lane. For some reason, our lane kept moving but theirs did not. Seemed a tad unorganized. However, you pull up to the baggage place, sit in your car, and they unload your suitcases. That was awesome, we did tip the guy though. Then you move along and pay your parking fee for the week, you park right there in the parking lot and walk in to go through security. Our friends were about 10 minutes behind us.

Seems they need to be a bit more organized with the car line but it all worked out.

You can get in your rooms at 1:30, we dropped some stuff off in our rooms and went to eat. Our suitcases were there pretty quick actually.

It was pretty good, better than when we went on Norweigan out of Boston.

No problem answering any questions. We did embark and disembark on time.

We were on deck 6 so I can't help you with that and we did not do FTTF. We were in line to unload luggage around 12:15 and were on board by 1:30. Lines were a bit lone but we didn't care as we were excited about the cruise!

These water slide had some issues on the first day but was working after that, the kids loved it!

Thanks! My son and I are being dropped off at the port, do you know or did you see if that 'line' is a different one? We have an 11:00-11:30 check in time, want to make sure we get in line early.

I will be in cabin 6194 and 6221 on a B2B. Any issues on deck 6 mid? I heard some parts of the ship have vibration issues? Thanks!

There is a vibration when the ship is running at about full speed, but you really only notice it when you are towards the back of the ship. We felt it on the two sea days sailing down, but didn't really notice it on the trip back. Don't worry about the vibration though. It's just a minor thing that you will only notice occasionally.... like when you're in the main dinning room.

Thanks! My son and I are being dropped off at the port, do you know or did you see if that 'line' is a different one? We have an 11:00-11:30 check in time, want to make sure we get in line early.

We get dropped off all the time. There will be a worker asking if you need tags, parking or dropping off. Tell him dropping off and you will be directed past the lines to the drop off in front of terminal. You will also be given a sheet of paper saying dropping off. Very easy.

When being picked up, they can turn into a lot where others are being picked up. They do not even get in line where next cruisers are waiting to park. This is before that.

We get dropped off all the time. There will be a worker asking if you need tags, parking or dropping off. Tell him dropping off and you will be directed past the lines to the drop off in front of terminal. You will also be given a sheet of paper saying dropping off. Very easy.

When being picked up, they can turn into a lot where others are being picked up. They do not even get in line where next cruisers are waiting to park. This is before that.

Thank you! We usually sail out of Port Canaveral and fly in. Looking forward to not paying for those flights!

You can get in line at 8:30 to get a tender number, by 9 there was a long line. We were not in a rush so we waited until there was no line. We were on the 10:30 tender. There were plenty of chairs, if you want a clamshell chair, get there early. We found a shadey place in front of one of the Cabana rentals as it was really hot. Not a lot of shade though. However, we spent most of the day in the water. Have never seen such beautifully clear water in my life. We took the 3:00 tender back which seemed to take forever to get off as there was only one person checking sign and sale cards. It was a great day though!

Thank you for that information--so helpful.

First sailing on the Pride coming up soon, YAY!

Just have a question regarding the dropping off of the luggage... can passengers be dropped as well, allowing just the driver to park and walk back to the terminal, or is there a different area to do this? We have the first check-in time and want to avoid delays / issues since we've never sailed from Baltimore.

Edited by aztekpm

No one gets out, I guess you could ask but I did not see anyone do this. The parking is right there so it is not a long walk to check in. There were long lines but it seemed after a while they had more people checking people in and then the line moved pretty quick actually.

I thought it was more organized than leaving out of Boston a few years ago.

Thank you! We usually sail out of Port Canaveral and fly in. Looking forward to not paying for those flights!

we live in ss.md and get dropped off if I remember when the guy stops you and you get the paper that says drop off you will go to the right and off load your bags and right into the building from what I here this location is better to most others there was no problems getting off either I suggest taking your bags with you not cking. then on the last night its much quicker also pay your bill late,late on the night before(there will be long lines)the pride is a great size ship we are cruising her again on the Christmas cruise this dec.18 and the conquest in 26 days:) have a great time I hope this helps!!!

we live in ss.md and get dropped off if I remember when the guy stops you and you get the paper that says drop off you will go to the right and off load your bags and right into the building from what I here this location is better to most others there was no problems getting off either I suggest taking your bags with you not cking. then on the last night its much quicker also pay your bill late,late on the night before(there will be long lines)the pride is a great size ship we are cruising her again on the Christmas cruise this dec.18 and the conquest in 26 days:) have a great time I hope this helps!!!

Thanks for the tip about taking our own bags, I hadn't thought about that.