I love NCL

Tammyd549

I've only sailed NCL and loved cruising so I'm looking forward to my upcoming trips. I don't like the no water thing but it happens. I guess I would be more jacked about the changes if I was a long time customer.

I've only sailed NCL and loved cruising so I'm looking forward to my upcoming trips. I don't like the no water thing but it happens. I guess I would be more jacked about the changes if I was a long time customer.

Mandy,

I agree with your message about NCL's policy change on bottled water. We plan on packing self-filtrating water bottles to avoid hasseling with empty plastic bottles. My husband and I are really excited about our first cruise!

Marble Angel

Seems like a few people (trolls perhaps, I don't know) have been dominating the threads with negative comments, so, I just wanted to chime in and say that I really enjoy crusing with NCL. Of course it's all subjective but I just want to balance the negative with positive.

I think for what they offer, NCL is good value. Their perks are worth the premium in rate and if you don't want the perks, you can opt out for a lower rate.

They have many new ships with activities that appeal to ALL age groups, water parks that are the best in the industry

Their buffet is the best, everyone pretty much agrees on this :)

No cruise line is going to perfect. Some too expensive, some too formal, some too smoky, some too cheap, some have bad entertainment, some have no waterslides , some have good adult areas, some have bad kid areas, whatever. It's a state of mind,

If you are in doubt about NCL, just cancel, I believe in gut feelings and my gut feeling is that my cruise in 3 weeks is going to be FABULOUS!!!!!!

glad to see someone positive on here for a change!! Hope you have a fantastic time!

I haven't been on NCL since 2014, but so far I feel that the cruise I booked this year was an excellent value. I did have to spend more time watching prices than the last two times I took this cruise, but this year I paid no more than the previous years... and I got ubp though I did pay the 18% gratuities on top. Still I think we'll have a great time this year, and despite changes I still feel I'm getting a good value.

Well I'm still an NCL fanboy for what it's worth. Prices seem to have gone up everywhere in my experience and I still choose to sail with them for the simple reason that in 9 cruises so far I've never had a bad experience. I have always felt as though I have gotten value for my hard earned money and I will admit that I don't like penny pinching when on vacation but that's just me. As usual "your mileage may vary ". I will say that I get annoyed by the naysayers sometimes. They often strike me as people who are only happy when they're unhappy. Not always, but often. Happy sailing all. To the OP I hope you have a wonderful cruise! [emoji3]

I love NCL - for value for money fun cruising - for us - its amazing value.

We often pay huge sums for flights as we often take TA cruises, or cruises from Miami/Fort Lauderdale, or, take a land vacation such as Sandals.

We love Celebrity and don't regret our recent Alaska cruise with them however, having done both Celebrity and NCL for TA cruises - we preferred NCL. NCL's choices, value and SPA win hands down.

Personally I am in favour of NCLs new beverage policy. NCL offer amazing prices, fantastic perks and choices for everyone.

We have three TA cruises booked - on the first one we have free drinks, and six nights of speciality dining out of 14 - how great is that! We purchased all of our cruises as Fly cruise. Had we to book a BA or KLM flight alone, using multi city (ie flying from one country returning to another) the flight costs alone would probably be as much as the cruise if not more. Bought as a package with NCL - wow!! Amazing!

We also love that our cousin, who sadly lost his wife to breast cancer five or six years ago, has taken to travelling with us when we go NCL. He does his own thing and is such a joy - but his single ticket price - although slightly higher - is not 100% as are many such as Celebrity. (ie on X he pays for two).

He loves the solo get togethers on NCL - and has met many friends. (including some lovely ladies ;) )

I love NCL's live music and choices of entertainment. We are not show people but love live bands - NCL always has something going on.

As for food, we have had fantastic food on NCL between specialty restaurants AND Mdrs. I also love that in the wee sma' hours, there is that magical gang in O'Sheehans who are still up, laughing, eating garbage like chicken wings (I LOVE THEM!) and burgers - and talking nonsense - but all in good humour ...

We have come to the conclusion that when we do bucket list cruises, (Alaska was one) we will return to Celebrity as we do love their Aquaclass restaurant BLU and port intensive cruises we would appreciate more, the finesse of Celebrity. We knew in Alaska it was going to be early dawns and port intensive - we wanted a luxurious ambience for our anniversary, and have to say, Solstice did win us back to Celebrity, and for the right cruise at the right time, for sure we will return.

BUT for anything in the Med, (although we also cruise Costa in Europe) or transatlantic - where for us, its NOT port intensive (we have done med cruises where we have not been off the ship even once!), we opt for NCL for fun, value, and an all over fantastic cruise.

In 2014 we did EPIC TA - in 2015, almost a year to the day, we did Celebrity Equinox TA. So to compare the experiences:

We remember our Epic cruise with so many fantastic memories - met people we love, partied in H20 - loved the SPA, Moderno, the Asian restaurant, the crew, the guests - ie we had a blast! The third of our three TA cruises currently booked is a return to EPIC in 2017. Cannot wait to see her since her refurb. We loved the bathroom set up in the mini suite - and oooooooh the SPA - is just awesome! Cant wait to try the Getaway too! But looking back at two TA cruises, year on year, NCL wins by a long chalk! Our memory of this cruise brings smiles every time!

Celebrity Equinox - a ship load of VERY elderly people who were very sick and quite honestly from the sneezes and sniffling from day one, should have been denied boarding. I remember thinking this in the queue that there were a lot of people sniffling and sneezing and this was at check in. Sorry, I am not directing my offence at elderly and believe with the right cruise, and assistance, there is nothing better than a cruise for elderly people to enjoy. (I hope to get there myself one day!)

Many were of an age where taking a 14 day cruise across the atlantic, was a bit "iffy" (needless to say sadly some didn't make it) - I reported to guest services that I felt there was not enough insistence of hand washing at the buffet (ie no wishy washy just a dispenser) - and despite us carrying our anti bac everywhere we went - we got the most horrendous virus which made us so ill. I got stung at the clinic for $600 - put on some stupid ammonia smelling mask for three days (it did nada to help!) - and spent the remainder of the cruise very ill. I remember the nightclub was closed (something we had been looking forward to!). There were no fun deck parties - it was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing -

Sure we made the good times happen - and the Martini Bar on Celebrity is wonderful - but it really truly didn't match up to our TA experiences with NCL.

Another thing I love about NCL is that there are choices at lunchtime other than just buffet. After our virus experience, we have established that we wont be doing buffet again. On NCL there is O'Sheehans, and at least one MDR is open every day even on port days.

On Celebrity MDR does not open at lunch other than sea days. There is one small bistro with the same menu daily and an upcharge of 10$ which is what we did on our Alaska cruise. Its lovely - (although I hear they are changing it to sushi which we don't like).. but there is that upcharge. NO free serviced lunch anywhere on a Celebrity ship unless you are a suite guest.

I don't think NCL "nickel and dime" as I hear USA say - I think they are a fantastic business, offering superb deals - and then, choices on board.

Long may it continue!